Bonds (Part 1)

Quick update: Once this book ends, I'm probably going to write another story. Original work, or another fanfiction of another franchise. (It won't be as long as this work, however. Hopefully.)

If you're interested in stuff like that, make sure to follow me (here, on Wattpad) so you can know about it as soon as it comes out! I know most of you all only care about Pokemon, but I believe there's a limit to how much can be beaten out of this dead horse before it starts to feel stale.

========================

Blame my boi Dirty (@Dirty77277981 on Twitter) for a certain 'scene' near the end in this chapter :D

=========================

Over at Spark in his room. Ash's house, Pallet Town.

Spark was sitting in front of his computer with headphones on, playing a battle royale game. "Come on, ladies! We can't sit around in the dropship! Let's go already!"

"Keep quiet." A female voice replied in Spark's headphones. It was Blanche, his classmate from Pokemon Tech. "We can't die within seconds of dropping. Not this time."

"How about that spot?" Candela; Spark's other classmate asked. "That spot doesn't have people coming at it."

"Nice! Let's go there!" Spark exclaimed.

*A few moments later*

Spark was sitting with his head dropped low, and imaginary depression clouds over his head. "We got blasted to bits before even getting a weapon..." He said. "DAMN CHEATERS! SPEEDHACKERS! Asian servers are the worst!"

"I guess it happens." Blanche acknowledged. "No point bitching about it."

"I'm out!" Spark yelled, throwing his arms in the air. "Later."

"Oh wait, Spark!" Candela exclaimed. "You're signing up for that Battle Royale competition, right?"

"Which one?" Spark asked.

"The one the school is holding?" Candela responded.

Blanche cleared her throat. "It seems Spark was asleep in class with his eyes opened when the teacher announced it." She said.

"Ohh--" Candela said. "That makes sense!"

"Mind filling me in?" Spark asked, scratching his head.

"Pokemon Tech is holding a Battle Royale competition for students and their parents." Candela said. "The student and their parent will have to squad up on Pokemon Island to temporarily catch wild Pokemon and battle other squads using them. The last remaining squad that has Pokemon able to battle will be the winner."

"What does the winner get?"

"The student gets to keep one of the Pokemon they caught in the competition." Candela said. "Apparently there's going to be rare and strong Pokemon present there too. Y'know, since Pokemon Island has been cut off from tourists and rarely allows visitors."

Blanche spoke up. "I heard someone took a blurry picture of a Mew in Pokemon Island." She said. "If someone actually catches it and wins, they'll get the Mythical Mew as a prize, it seems."

"Ooh, sounds interesting!" Spark said. "How many teams are gonna be there?"

"30" Candela responded. "One student and one parent. It can be either your mother or father."

"I see." Spark said, thinking. "A total of 60 participants, and just two winners." He added.

"Are you joining?" Candela asked. "Your father is the greatest Pokemon Master in the world! I bet you'll win!" She added.