The future is now, thanks to Science!

Writer's POV

[Kalos Region. The same day, Professor Sycamore's Lab 2PM]

Narrator: "Meanwhile as Ash gears to probably leave the Alola region to search for Serena just in case, a rather interesting chapter unfolds in Professor Sycamore's lab"

"If what we've found is true, then we need to contact Ash. We should let him know" Professor Sycamore said to his assistant Sophie as they decipher an ancient text that had heaps of information about the mysterious 'bond phenomenon'. like the bond Ash and his Greninja share.

As it turns out, the ancient text warns that when a Trainer and his Pokemon share a deep enough bond that they become one during battle, halting usage of this ability would cause the Pokemon to slowly lose it's strength and sanity

Just before Professor Sycamore could reach his phone to contact ash, a loud noise comes from the main door of his lab. It was Greninja, along with Squishy!

Greninja seemed like almost out of breath as it stood still in front of Professor Sycamore and Sophie. Greninja had been constantly battling the residual vines after Team Flare's defeat and parting ways from his trainer Ash.

Squishy and Z2 needed Greninja's special ability that allowed him to see where those mysterious vines were underground and they had been working on getting rid of those vines constantly everyday. Although now it seemed like their work is almost done.

"Nin--ja!" (Tell him!) Greninja says to Squishy in a worried tone as he was still catching his breath while pointing towards Professor Sycamore.

"What happened?" Prof. Sycamore asked Squishy, since he was a Legendary Pokemon who had the power to communicate telepathically with Humans.

(Telepathically) "Ash was in sync with Greninja. He needs Greninja's help. He believes our friend Serena might be in big trouble, so Greninja needs to go to the Hoenn Region as quick as possible!" Squishy said to Professor Sycamore as he explained what had happened.

"Well, Let me think.. we can't just teleport you to Hoenn unless there's a recipient.. and also, you don't have your pokeball with you, right?" Prof. Sycamore asked Greninja, as he started to think of ways to transport Greninja.

(Telepathically) "Call Professor Oak. He has Greninja's Pokeball. Greninja explained to me right after he was in sync with Ash" Squishy said to Prof. Sycamore about Ash's plan to find Serena. 

"Okay okay. Calling Professor Oak" Prof. Sycamore said as he dialed Prof. Oak's number. But nobody seemed to answer the phone. "Try again, professor. This is an emergency" Sophie said to the Professor, as she was worried about Serena as well.

After a few calls, a young boy picked up the phone. It was Tracey.

(On-Screen) "Professor Oak's Laboratory. Lab Assistant Tracey here. How may I help you?" Tracey asked Before he looked into the screen. He was wearing a Lab coat and was currently doing some writing on a clipboard he held in his hands while simultaneously answering the call.