A Calem-ly executed attack! Here Comes the Squirtle Squad!

Disclaimer: I do not take any credit for fanart that I did not make myself. Credits are to the talented artists on tumblr and Deviantart.

Chapter rating:  M. some mature language. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[Indigo League Journey, Day 7.  Viridian City]

Writer's POV (I don't know why I write this anymore)

Narrator: "after an early start in the morning, Ash and his friends have finally reached the Viridian City Airport where Clemont will be arriving shortly."

"Hmm... why is Clemont so slow? We've been waiting for an hour now. Where even is he!?" Bonnie said in an annoyed manner as they waited for Clemont in the 'Arrivals' area of the Airport.

"Well, it could be anything. Let's just wait" Ash said to Bonnie, calming her down a bit.

"Oh! There he is!" Serena said as she spotted Clemont. "Yay! You're finally here!" Bonnie said as she ran towards Clemont and gave him a hug. 

"Hi, Bonnie! It's so good to see you again! How've you been?" Clemont said to Bonnie. "I've been doing great! I've won all eight gym badges and am ready to battle in the Indigo league!" Bonnie said to Clemont. "That's great!" Clemont replied to Bonnie.

"Hey, Clemont!" "Hi!" Ash and Serena said to their friend Clemont. "Hey guys! It's been over a week but feels like a decade!" Clemont replied to the two. 

"Pika-chu!" (Hi!) Pikachu, who was sitting on Ash's shoulders as usual said to Clemont. "Hi there, Pikachu! great to see you too!" Clemont said to Pikachu. 

"Char-Char!" (Hello!) Serena's Charmander, who was sitting on her shoulders and peeking over her head said to Clemont. "Wow, so you caught a Charmander, Serena" Clemont said as he looked at Serena's cute little baby Charmander closely.

"Oh, By the way. Thanks a lot for taking care of my little sister, you two!" Clemont said to Ash and Serena.

"Well--- She actually got 6 gym badges on her own before we even knew she was here." Ash said to Clemont while scratching the back of his head.

"Really, Bonnie?" Clemont said in a surprised tone. "Yeah! It was so much fun being all mystic about my identity and beating almost every gym just using Squishy!" Bonnie replied. "The Pokenet was going nuts about who I was, and what kind of Pokemon Squishy was!" She added.

"I'm just-- I'm--" Clemont said while shaking. "Everything okay, Clemont?" Serena asked in a concerned manner. "I'm-- I'm-- I'm so happy for you, Bonnie! You've grown up a lot!" Clemont said while placing his arm over his eyes, concealing his tears just like his father does.

"Well, we should just y'know, move on now. Don't wanna spend the whole day at the airport." Ash said to Clemont, who agreed. Everyone moved on outside, and were now going through the city's urban landscape.

"Hey, Serena. Is anyone looking at me in a weird way?" Ash asked Serena, while covering half his face with his shirt. "Yeah. But not because they know who you are, but because it looks like you're trying to eat your way through your shirt. Act natural, nobody's gonna fanboy all over you. Stop flattering yourself." Serena said as she pulled down Ash's shirt from his face.

"Sounds like someone's jealous---" Bonnie said to Serena in a teasing tone. "Jealous of what?" Clemont asked Bonnie. "Oh, it was back when Professor Sycamore just gave this interview, explaining Ash and his Greninja's special ability that was one-of-a-kind, etc etc..." Bonnie replied to Clemont.