Battle for the Thunder Badge! Lt. Surge vs Bonnie!

[Indigo League Journey Day 4, Vermilion City Gym, 1PM]

Writer's POV

Narrator: "After escaping the crowd of fans, Ash and his friends manage to find the exact place where they were going next: The Vermilion City Gym. After a brief introduction, Bonnie and Lt. Surge are ready to go head-to-head, for the battle for the Thunder Badge!"

"Dedenne, you should go and sit with the others. You might get hurt sitting in my bag." Bonnie said to her Dedenne which was sitting in her Bag. Dedenne nodded his head in response and quickly jumped out of Bonnie's bag, and ran off towards Ash, Serena and Brock, who were sitting at the side of the Battlefield, as they looked on at the Gym battle that was starting now.

"Go! Squishy! Use Dragon Pulse!" Bonnie exclaimed as she began the battle. Squishy roared, as a massive ball of multicolored energy formed in it's mouth and then a multicolored dragon-shaped beam of energy fired from the ball, straight for Raichu.

"A Dragon-type, huh? Raichu! Dodge it, quick!" Lt. Surge exclaimed in a bit of surprise as he ordered his Raichu. But since Raichu's low speed was no match for the powerful Legendary Pokemon, Squishy's Dragon Pulse hit him hard. 

"Whoa. This looks like it's going to end fast." Ash said as he witnessed how much damage Raichu had taken from one single hit. "Well, it doesn't beat your suspense-filled battle for the same badge all those years ago." Brock said to Ash in a silly way as he recalled Ash's hard-won battle against Lt. Surge. 

"Raichu! Are you okay, pal?" Lt. Surge said to his Raichu, who was getting up on it's feet after taking a hit. "Rai--chu!" (Yes!) Raichu replied to Lt. Surge while nodding his head. 

"Haha! Nice! Now, Show em' that you're The Lightning American's Pokemon! Use Thunder!" Lt. Surge exclaimed, as Raichu's body got surrounded by electricity. "Raaaiiichu!" Raichu exclaimed as he fired a massive yellow beam of electricity right towards Squishy, hitting him head-on.

But after taking that massive Thunder attack, Squishy was still standing and was barely moved from that massive bolt of electricity. Much to Lt.Surge's surprise. "Raii--?" (Huh?) Raichu said, as he thought that it would be a critical hit. "What!? How!?" Lt. Surge said as he witnessed Squishy still standing, with almost no noticeable damage to him.

"Squishy's a dual Dragon/Ground Type Pokemon, so electric attacks are not effective against it." Brock said to Lt. Surge from the edge of the battlefield as he explained why the thunder attack was useless.

"Rai--Rai---!" (Use the stone!) Raichu said to his trainer, while slamming his hand on his chest. "You're absolutely right, Raichu!" Lt. Surge said as he grabbed the DogTags locket on his chest, and flipped it over to reveal a Mega-Evolution Key Stone attached to it. "Okay, Raichu! Mega Evolve!" Lt. Surge exclaimed as he tapped on the Key Stone, making it glow bright, and triggering Raichu's Mega-Evolution. Raichu's tail also started to glow, as a small Raichunite Mega Stone got visible as it glowed.

"Raaaaiii----!" Raichu exclaimed as his body transformed into his Mega-evolved form.