A Wild Goose Chase

[Same day, Petalburg Woods, Hoenn Region. 8AM]

Writer's POV

Narrator: "Ash, Greninja, Clemont and Bonnie were reunited once again as a single group as they searched for Serena. Clemont had his Mini-Glasses Tracker in his hands that was showing him the location of the Glasses Serena's Pancham wears. The group is now going through the Petalburg woods, searching and keeping an eye out for Serena."

"How far does it show, Clemont?" Ash asked Clemont about how far his tracker was showing. They had been going on for quite a while in the same direction but it felt like they were moving in a circle in the same place.

"I'm not sure, Ash. My Tracker isn't showing the distance. All it's showing is a direction." Clemont replied to ash in a worried tone.

The whole group kept walking for a few more minutes until Clemont stopped. "What is it Clemont? why are we stopping here?" Ash asked Clemont in a confused manner since he couldn't see anything near them but woods.

"The tracker is acting weird. it's rotating 180 degrees! no, 70! no wait, 90 degrees! i can't even tell anymore" Clemont said to Ash in a worried manner as his invention started to behave strangely.

"I've no clue what you mean by that" Ash replied as he looked around and started to notice certain similarities between the trees he could see and the trees they passed a while ago. "Hey, Clemont! isn't this the same place we were a few minutes ago? look at that damaged tree. It looks exactly the same one we encountered a few minutes ago!" Ash told Clemont in a very curious tone as he implied they were lost in the woods and have been going on and on in complete circles.

As soon as Ash completed his sentence, an eerie buzzing noise started coming out of Clemont's Mini-Glasses Tracker. The noise started to get louder and louder by the second, and before Clemont could do anything about it, his invention blew right on his face, causing everyone to be covered in dust.

 The noise started to get louder and louder by the second, and before Clemont could do anything about it, his invention blew right on his face, causing everyone to be covered in dust

"Back to the drawing board, big brother..." Bonnie says to Clemont as they all lay on the ground, covered in dust from head to toe. "Now what, we've got no clue where to go!" Clemont says as he looks at the debris of his invention.

"I think i've got an idea... Rowlet! I choose you!" Ash says as he throws his Pokeball, releasing Rowlet. "Roww--!" Rowlet exclaimed as he came out, and started flying in front of everybody.

"Guys, meet my new friend from Alola, Rowlet!" Ash added as he introduced his new Pokemon to the group.