The Bonds of Mega-Evolution

[Indigo League Journey, Day 8. Early morning, Over at Calem and the Team Rocket Trio. Viridian Forest]

Calem was walking ahead, looking at his PokeGear and scrolling through it. The Team Rocket Trio were following him just a few steps behind.

"Hey, Boss. Where are we goin'?" Meowth asked Calem while looking around the thick green forest.

"I'm trying to think. Shut up for a while, will ya." Calem replied as he looked at the map of the whole Kanto Region in his PokeGear.

"We could try followin' the twerps. They got some really Powerful Pokemon in their hands that we could swipe" Meowth said to Calem while forming a fist.

Calem stopped, and turned around as he looked at his little team.

"I want you three to go after those Idiots." Calem said to the trio with a smug smile on his face. "And what are you going to do, Boss?" James asked Calem.

"I've got some other plans---" Calem said while raising his PokeGear towards the trio, showing a map of Cinnabar Island.

"Cinnabar Island? What's still 'dere in dat baked Island?" Meowth asked while looking at Calem's PokeGear. 

"Mewtwo was cloned on that godforsaken Island. Doctor Namba told me to look for any clues concerning Mewtwo on that Island, so I'm going there. Now get lost and try getting those Pokemon, more or less. Just get out of my way for the time being---" Calem said to the Trio before leaving them.

"UH-- why do we even bother listening to the Twerp Boss?" James said while looking at Calem disappearing in the thick woods and on his way through the Kanto Region to get to Cinnabar Island.

"I-dunno--- Maybe 'coz we don't crave for good food anymore since the Twerp Boss has been payin' for our food at all dem' fancy restaurants?" Meowth said to James while patting his filled tummy.

"well, you do have a point---" James said as he looked down at his filled stomach that was usually empty before they got hired by Calem.

"The Twerp Boss is kinda better than the big Boss if you think of it that way" Jessie said to James and Meowth while looking at her stomach as well, which was lacking the protruding bones she had before getting hired by Calem.

"Well, that's that. Time to find dem twerps and swipe dem twerpy Pokemon!" Meowth said to Jessie and James while forming a fist. The two nodded back, ready to go after Ash and his friends.

[Hours later, Over at Ash and the rest, Route 22. West of Viridian City. 2PM]

Narrator: "After spending the night in the Pokemon Center and parting from Alain and Silver, Our Heroes continued their Journey towards the Indigo Plateau. Now, they're taking a short rest near a stream of water."

Ash and Serena went towards the stream of water along with Pikachu and Charmander, leaving the two Brother and Sister at a small spot. Clemont was cooking, while Bonnie was brushing the fur of her Dedenne. 

"Okay, Dedenne. You're all clean! Now, it's Spooky's turn!" Bonnie said as she threw Spooky's Pokeball in the air and called him out.

"Spooky-Spooky!" Spookeon said as he came out of his Pokeball. Clemont took notice of what Bonnie said and turned around to take a look.

"So this is your Spookeon. I saw the picture Professor Sycamore sent me. It looks incredible." Clemont said while still sitting in front of the pot which was cooking some soup.

"It's so adorable, so I named it Spooky!" Bonnie said to Clemont while giving her Ghost-type Pokemon a little hug. "I'm not quite sure about that logic but--- oh well--" Clemont said while nervously scratching his head.