The Guardian's Staff (Part 2)

It's April 1st but instead of a bamboozle, you guys get a new chapter ;) 

I recently discovered the Sun and Moon manga. It's just--- *chef's kiss*. Highly recommend you guys check it out if you read Manga.

Zossie is so cute in the SM manga OMFG AAAAJHDKSJDHKJHSJKDHAD

And now, back to the story.

==========================

Everyone was back at the military base. Ash was inside a special room. General Surge was present there as well.

"It's obvious that they're using her." Ash said, looking at the thief through a one-way mirror. "She's been an invaluable asset to them." He added.

"Which is why I'm telling you." General Surge said. "I cannot allow you to hand her over to them." He added. "She is valuable evidence."

"Sorry, but I'll have to go against your wishes, General." Ash said. "I caught her, so I get to decide what to do with her. Pikachu is more important to me."

"This is my country, not yours." General Surge replied. "This is America. I decide what happens."

Ash sighed. His eyes glowed, as he instantly looked at the General in the eye.

"Fine." The General said. "Do as you wish. We won't be interfering in your plans at all." He added.

"Thanks, General." Ash said, forming an internal grin, knowing full well that he had to employ his mind-controlling abilities to easily have his way. "The General talks big game, but his mind sure is weak to get controlled this easily." He thought.

Mind-control wasn't the best option, but Ash knew he couldn't afford to have an internal conflict at such a crucial time. Avoiding a conflict and resolving things diplomatically took priority over having a political dick measuring contest. (Looking at you, WW1). Soon, he left the General and had a meeting with Afro in a separate spot. Alfa and Zulu were both present there as well.

"Do you really think this'll be the best option?" Ash asked, looking at the table in front of him. His broken Staff was placed on it, along with its God Stone.

"It will." Zulu said, taking out an Ultra Ball from his waist, and pressing its button.

*Pop*

"Mell-tan--!" A Meltan exclaimed, emerging from the Ultra Ball. It stood on the table, with its pseudo arms open wide.

"Whoa!" Ash said, surprised. "It's-- one of those things Zossie caught!" He added, quickly taking out his PokeGear and pointing at it.

 "It's-- one of those things Zossie caught!" He added, quickly taking out his PokeGear and pointing at it