The Mysterious Pokemon of Mount Moon

[Indigo league journey Day 5. Route 3, Mount Moon. 3PM]

Writer's POV

Narrator: "After a heated argument and a battle, Serena and Misty are now friends, and getting along pretty well. Our Heroes are now on their way to Pewter City, for Bonnie's final Gym battle. But there's something they have to cross!" 

"What! We have to go through there?" Serena said in a scared tone, as she looked at Mt. Moon's cave. "Uh- Yeah, Serena. That is the right way for Pewter City." Brock said to Serena. 

"Why? What's wrong, Serena?" Ash asked Serena, who was suddenly scared about going inside the cave. "Can't we find another route? A route that doesn't have any caves?" Serena said to Ash in a scared tone again, as her face turned pale looking at the cave entrance. 

"Pika-Pika?" (what's wrong?) Pikachu said to Serena, as he saw Serena basically hiding behind Ash.

"What's wrong with caves, Serena? We've been in caves in the Kalos region. What's the big deal with this one?" Bonnie asked Serena with a curious tone. "It--it's just that... It all started back in the Hoenn Region.." Serena said, as she went in a flashback moment.

*Flashback to Hoenn*

"I heard about a cave nearby that had a powerful and unknown Pokemon, so I went there, thinking that I'll catch it and use it in battles" Serena said, as she started to explain.

"Don't see anything wrong so far, what next?" Ash said, as he listened to Serena's story.

"Then, I went inside it, all alone. I remember seeing two blue eyes in the darkness when my flashlight suddenly stopped working and crumbled right in my hands, all by itself." Serena said with a terrified tone. 

"Whoa! What happened then?" Misty said in a surprised tone, as she started to get interested.

 "I heard a voice that said 'Leave me alone, or Die!'  coming right from those glowing blue eyes. Suddenly, I started floating, and got launched right out of the cave at great speed. From that day forth, I was never able to even think about entering caves without creeping myself up" Serena said as she explained her sudden fear of caves.

"That does sound scary" Brock said to Serena as he thought of that happening to him. "Well, You don't have to be scared now, Serena. We're all with you."Ash said, as he placed his hand on Serena's shoulder.

"Oh...Right!" Serena said in a bit of cheered up tone, as she looked at Ash who had his optimistic and uplift expression, one of the things she admired greatly about him. 

"By the way, Did any of you hear the news about the Mysterious Pokemon of Mount Moon?" Bonnie said to everyone. "What? Haha! Who'd believe all of that!" Misty said to Bonnie in a mocking tone. "What is the Mysterious Pokemon, Bonnie?" Serena asked Bonnie as she started to take interest. 

"Look! Someone actually took a picture of it!" Bonnie said, as she opened up a news story on her PokeGear. Everyone quickly gathered around Bonnie to take a look at the picture. 

"Whoa..." Ash, Brock, Misty and Serena said as they looked at the picture, which was just two glowing blue eyes. "This looks quite similar to that unknown Pokemon you were saying you saw in the cave in Hoenn, Serena" Ash said to Serena, who's eyes opened wide looking at the picture. 

"Yeah. It looks exactly like it!" Serena replied to Ash in a surprised manner. "I never heard of such things happening in the cave of Mt. Moon. I'd know if it were real." Brock said after looking at the picture. 

"Wait, Serena, when did you see these similar eyes in the cave you were talking about?" Bonnie asked Serena. "Um-- about two-three weeks ago." Serena replied after thinking for a bit.