And Then There Were Five

Over at Lawrence. Interpol Headquarters, Holon Region.

Lawrence was alone in his office room, typing something on a laptop in front of him. The air-conditioned room was quiet, and the only audible thing was the clicking sound from the laptop's keyboard.

*beep*

Lawrence picked up his PokeGear and answered the call without checking who was calling. "Commissioner General Ketchum speaking."

The person on the other line informed Lawrence that a 'Guzma' wanted to speak with him. Guzma was calling from a public payphone. (Who even uses payphones these days?)

As soon as Guzma's call was forwarded to Lawrence, he already sounded tense. He was panicking a bit as well. He told some stuff that was completely inaudible to Lawrence.

"Hey-Hey!" Lawrence yelled. "Calm down! Speak clearly! I can't understand a damn thing you're saying!"

After a few moments of back and forth of dialogue, Guzma's words finally began making sense. He had gathered some ground-breaking intelligence from his infiltration of Team Rocket. During that time, a Detective entered Lawrence's office and left an envelope that had come in the mail in the Viridian City HQ.

"What are they planning?" Lawrence questioned Guzma on-call, as he opened the envelope.

"It-It's a bunch of bad guys from every region of the planet!" Guzma responded. "Y'all is french toast! This shit is way bigger than yo boy could ever imagine!"

Lawrence took a few seconds to process the information. "Every team?" He asked.

"Yeah!" Guzma replied. "Yo boy was in the first conference call!" He added. "Giovanni is the big man runnin' things!"

"There's over 220 regions on the planet and almost 200 countries." Lawrence spoke as he mentally tried to imagine every villainous team from every region on the planet. He took a deep breath, and continued. "Is that all the information you have?"

Guzma sounded puzzled. From his perspective, this was earth-shattering news, but Lawrence's voice sounded collected. Guzma responded with an expected 'No', as he didn't have any details yet. Lawrence ordered Guzma to continue acting as an ally of Team Rocket, and report back any new details.

At that exact moment, Guzma did share that he had an image of the meeting where Giovanni was talking about when the complete plans would be revealed. Due to the circumstances, the images were being sent over by a Grunt, who is probably on the other side of town, doing his job.

Soon, Lawrence concluded the call and put the PokeGear away, and read the letter in his hand. It was a letter from Proton, the seemingly ex-member of Team Rocket. Proton shared the exact same information as Guzma: Almost every villainous Team from the whole world was allied with Team Rocket, with Giovanni as the big man calling the shots. But unlike Guzma, Proton's report had one thing in addition. There were almost 6 months left till The Day Two Suns Will Rise.

"6 months." Lawrence spoke quietly, as he folded the letter and threw it in the shredder under his table. "Serena is due next week. Which means the children will be 6 months old when the day comes." He thought. "Could they possibly have a role in the event that'll unfold? They'll barely be able to sit by that time---"

After thinking more about the situation, Lawrence realized something was rather off about everything. In the information given to him by Proton, every villainous leader out there was getting allied with Giovanni. This begged the question: what about those that have been captured, killed, or changed their ways?