Calum Imagine

It Always Will Be You

 “(Y/N), I don’t see what the big deal is!” Calum snapped. You rolled your eyes and plopped down on the couch, arms crossed over your chest.
“Of course you don’t, Cal,” you hissed, “because you never listen to me! You’re always either with the boys or on that damned phone of yours. I get that you’re busy and I’m so so proud of you for getting this far, but you have to understand that it’s not easy for me. I don’t like seeing you with all your beautiful fans and I don’t like it when you’re away for so long. I just…Calum, I just want you to be there for me.”
Calum huffed, rubbing his temples in frustration. 
“You don’t think it’s hard for me, too? I don’t like me leaving anymore than you do! And you know I love you so why do you always have to be so insecure?!” 
You were shocked. Yeah, you were insecure, but you had had your heartbroken enough times to be that way. Calum knew that. You stood up and grabbed your jacket, pushing past Calum. 
“Where are you going?” He asked, voice harsh and confused. 
“I’m gonna go be insecure somewhere else,” you hissed. 
You ignored all of Calum’s calls for days. You didn’t want to talk to him if he wasn’t willing to really listen. Finally, Michael called you. He told you how sad and desperate Calum had been, how hard it was to get him out of bed some days. He invited you to come to their last show in the states.
At first, you were hesitant, staring at your backstage pass for hours before the show. An hour before the show you got up and got dressed, putting the pass into your purse and heading for the venue. You were late, the boys already halfway through the set. 
“This next song…this next song is for someone very special, someone who couldn’t be here tonight. But I hope she knows that I love her and I’m very sorry.” Calum’s voice was shaking and you could hear him holding back tears. The boys started to play. 
“”I could fly a thousand oceans but there’s nothing that compares to what we had so I walk alone. I wish I didn’t have to be gone. Maybe you’ve already move on. But the truth is I don’t want to know.”
You could feel the tears start to well in your eyes as the boy you loved poured his heart out on stage for you. You had been hurting, but from the sound of that song, he was hurting so much worse. 
“Every night I almost call you just to say it always will be you. Wherever you are.”
The song ended and you ran over to the sound guy, grabbing an extra mic and moving towards the stage. 
“Calum Thomas Hood,” You called. He looked towards you, eyes wide and full of tears. “I’m right here, Cal. I’ll always be right here.” 
He ran towards you and you dropped your mic, throwing your arms around his neck and smashing your lips against his. The kiss was passionate and salty from both of your tears. There were cheers coming from the crowd loud enough to shake the building but you could barely hear them. There was only you and Calum. He pulled away, arms locked right around you waist and a smile on his face. 
“I love you (Y/N). I love you so so much. Please don’t ever leave like that again,” he whispered. You nodded, wiping away his tears. 
“I promise.” You kissed him again. “I love you too.”