Can I Buy You A Beer? (Officer Slater)

Y/N couldn't believe that she actually got arrested. She didn't even do anything illegal, at least she didn't think she did.

She knew she shouldn't have went to that party. She knew Mark was going to be there, but her so called friends insisted that she should go. Now, she was sitting in the back of a police car with handcuffs on.

The cops return to the car and drive away from the place where the party was happening. Y/N noticed that the shorter, light haired policeman was named Michaels, but she had only caught a glimpse of the taller, dark haired policeman because he was the one that cuffed her.

"So, Y/N is it? Why were you at this party tonight?"
"My stupid friends drug me there. I didn't want to go in the first place. Can either one of you tell me why I was arrested? I don't think I actually did anything to break the law."
"Well, the dude, I think his name was Mark, said that you called him 'a worthless piece of shit that deserves to be kicked in the balls' and something about you swinging at his girlfriend or something."
"Okay, I did say that and I might have swung at her, but she called me a fucking bitch and she had to right to do that."

The dark haired cop looked up into his mirror to look at her. He studied the features of her face before focusing back on the road.

"I'm Slater and this is my partner Michaels. You look like you've had a rough night. Can I buy you a beer?"

Y/N looked up and met the gaze of Slater in the mirror. She noticed the way he was staring at her, like he was begging her to say yes.

"So, you're not taking me jail?"
"Technically we can't really arrest you because you didn't do anything illegal, but I figured you needed a way out of that party. So you down for a beer?
"O-okay. I don't really have anything else to do."

Soon after, Y/N and the officers arrived at Bailey's Bar and Grill. Slater opened the car door for her and helped her out.

"Turn around so I can take the cuffs off you."

Y/N turned around and Slater took the cuffs off her and put them back into his utility belt. She followed behind Slater and Michaels as they made their way into Bailey's headed straight for the bar.

Slater and Michaels sat down at the bar and Y/N decided that she'd sit next to Slater. He ordered three beers and once they arrived, he handed Y/N hers.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"
"Yeah, sure. Go for it."
"In the car, you said that the girl had no right to call you a fucking bitch. What did you mean by that?"

Y/N looked over at Slater and took a drink of her beer. She sat her drink down and turned towards him.

"The Mark guy is my ex and he cheated on me with her. I caught them having sex on a random person's bathroom floor at a party."
"I'm so sorry that happened to you."
"Eh it's okay. He was a fucking jerk anyways. I'm better off with out him."

Slater took a big drink of his beer turned towards her with a new found confidence that he didn't have before. Y/N looked at him questioningly before he spoke.

"I actually met my ex-wife here. She was a fucking whore."
"I'm sorry Slater. At least we both k is how it feels to be cheated on."
"No, she was a actual whore. It took me a total of twenty three months to figure it out too. We caught her in the act on the side of the road. She was blowing some random dude."
"Oh shit. That fucking sucks Slater. I'm sorry. You seem like a really great guy and don't deserve to be treated like that."

He looked up at her and smiled and she returned the smile. Out of the blue, something hit Slater.

Could Y/N be everything he was looking for? Does she feel it too? Only time will tell. Little did Slater know that Y/N felt the same exact way he did.