The Names Aren't Funny (George Armstrong Custer)

Everyone made fun of Y/N because of her height. She was a tad bit shorter than most girls in the other exhibits, and everyone called her short names. The one person who did it the most was George Armstrong Custer, her crush.

She thought Custer was annoying, but she loved his sparkling eyes and blonde hair. He made her days better even if he was talking about her being short.

Y/N was standing at her and Custer's meeting spot, waiting for him. She saw him walk around the corner and smiled widely. He walked up to her, and she immediately pulled him into a hug.

"You miss me, Short Cake?"

Y/N pushed Custer away from her and rolled her eyes. She crossed her arms over her chest and tried to hide the blush spreading across her cheeks.

"You're my friend, and I have the right to miss you."
"Whatever you say, Short Stack."

Y/N and Custer began walking through the archives, talking and laughing to each other. They greeted their friends and hung out with them for a while.

They said goodbye to their friends and went back to their walk.

"Where to next, Your Royal Shortness?"

Custer laughed at his name for Y/N. She rolled her eyes again and turned, walking away from him. He saw her walking away, and he immediately stopped laughing and ran after her.

"Hey, Y/N. Wait for me."

Y/N suddenly stopped, causing him to almost knock her down. She turned towards trying to find the right words to say.

"Why are you always talking about my height and coming up with these nicknames?"
"Because it's fun. I'm just trying to have a little fun and make you laugh."
"You know sometimes the names aren't funny."
"Aw, come on, Armrest. You know some of are funny."

Y/N scoffed and turned away from him, in an attempt to walk away. He quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her back toward him.

"I'm just playing with you, Thumbelina-"

Custer was interrupted by Y/N suddenly pulling him down and placing a kiss on his lips. He was shocked at first, but when he was starting to kiss her back, she pulled away. He stared at her with a shocked expression in his face.

"What was that for?"
"It was the only idea I had to shut you up."
"Well, you are just a little firecracker. Aren't you?"

Y/N sighed and looked at the ground. She crossed her arms over her chest again. Custer moves closer to her and slid a hand under chin causing her to look at him.

"I'll take it easy with the names. I'm not say I'm gonna stop using them. I'll just ease up a bit."
"You promise?"
"I promise."

Y/N stepped a little closer to Custer, and he connected their lips again. Time seemed to stand still while they kissed. They had no idea how long they had been pressed up against each other.

When air became necessary, they pulled away, and Custer wrapped an arm around Y/N, leading her through the rest of their walk. He looked over at Y/N and smiled at her. She smiled back at him, wrapping her around around his back. In this moment, Custer was truly happy, and he knew it wouldn't be possible if it weren't for his little firecracker.