The Best Christmas Gift Ever (Nick Kringle)

Y/N knew that Christmas Eve was a busy night for Nick. He might not be Santa, but he still had an important roll on Christmas Eve. He had to help make sure that everything was set in place so that Noelle didn't have a hectic night delivering presents.

Y/N and Nick got married during the summer, and of course, they honeymooned on a warm island with a beach. They took long walks on the beach and enjoyed the entire week in the sun.

Now, it was six months, and Y/N couldn't wait for her sweet and caring husband to come home. She had a very special present for him. Ever since they got together, they always gave each other one gift at midnight on Christmas Day.

She found out a week ago that she was pregnant, and she wanted to surprise Nick with the news. They had talked about having kids, and they decided that if it happens, it happens.

Y/N was in the kitchen making Nick's favorite hot chocolate when she heard the front door shut. She walked out of the kitchen carrying two mugs and saw Nick standing by the fire. She smiled and walked over to him.

"Hey, babe. How did it go tonight?"
"It went amazing. There were any malfunctions with the sleigh, and the reindeer were ready to go. I'm freezing though."
"Well, in that case, I made your favorite hot chocolate. Maybe that will warm you up."
"I love you so much, Y/N."

Nick leaned over and placed a quick kiss on her lips before grabbing the mug that said husband on it. Y/N smiled at his actions as she sipped her hot chocolate.
She casually looked up at the clock and noticed that it was 11:57 p.m.. She sat her mug down and smiled at Nick.

"It's almost midnight. You ready to open one present?"
"Yes! You're gonna love your present."
"I think you're gonna love your present even more."

They both walked over to the tree and grabbed the presents. They sat on their couch, and Nick handed Y/N her gift first. She opened the small box, and inside was a charm bracelet with a couple of charms on it.

"Nick, this bracelet is beautiful."
"I knew you'd love it. I went ahead and put some charms in there. Each one of them have there own meaning, and we can add more as we make more memories together. There's a Christmas tree for when we first met, an ice skate for our first date, a mug for our first kiss, a stocking for our proposal, a palm tree for our honeymoon, and gift box for us opening our first presents as a married couple."
"I love it so much."

Y/N leaned over and placed a sweet kiss on her lips. She loved how caring he was. He always knew what gifts to get her.

Y/N handed him a rectangular boxed and watch him as he tore the wrapping paper. He opened the box and pulled out a white baby onesie that said 'Baby, It's Cold Outside, Coming Soon: Baby Kringle' and a positive pregnancy test. Nick stared at the items in his hands for a second, then be shot his head up and looked at Y/N with wide eyes.

"You-You're pregnant? We're having a baby?"
"Yes! Merry Christmas, Nick."
"Y/N, this is the best Christmas gift ever."

Nick jumped off the couch and pulled Y/N up into a big hug. He pulled away slightly and captured her lips in a loving kiss. They  stood by the fire, holding each other for a while, before Nick pulled back and stared into her eyes as his hands moved to her stomach.

"I love you so much, Y/N."
"I love you too, so much, Nick."

They walked to their bedroom, changed into comfortable sleep clothes, and climbed into bed, cuddling each other. Nick kissed the top of her head and smiled to himself. Yeah, this was going to be the best Christmas ever.