I Love You For You (Nick Kringle)

(Mentions of homophobia, Bisexual Reader)

Growing up, Y/N always felt that she was different from the other girls at the North Pole. She noticed that the other girls talked about how they liked boys, but Y/N felt that she was drawn to like boys and girls. She hated herself for being different.

As she got older, she began to love herself for who she was, but only two person knew her secret, Noelle and Nick. They were the only friends Y/N had. She had a huge crush on Nick, but she knew that he didn't feel that way.

Y/N came downstairs and was met face to face with her father. He was a nice man, but he was very strict. He had certain rules that Y/N had to follow, and if she didn't, then she got grounded.

"Hi, dad."
"Y/N, is there something you need to tell me?"
"What are you talking about?"

She walked past her dad to the kitchen to get her a soda. She turned back towards their kitchen table and jumped when her dad threw three magazines down on the table. She began breathing harder, to frighten to speak.

"You mind telling me what these are?"

Y/N looked at the magazines, and began fuming with anger. Her dad had went through her room and found her LGBTQ magazines that help the LGBTQ community come to terms and accept themselves.

"You went through my room?"
"Are you gay? Do you like girls? Please tell me you haven't been corrupted."

That was the last straw. Y/N stormed over to the table and grabbed her magazines. She stared angrily at her dad.

"I'm not gay. I'm Bisexual."
"What does that mean."
"It means that I like boys and girls."
"Get out."

Y/N stared at her dad with wide eyes. She stood frozen, trying to process the words that her dad spoke.

"What?"
"I said GET OUT! I want you out of my house."

Y/N ran back upstairs to her room and started packing the important things she needed. She had two duffle bags and a backpack full of their stuff. She walked back downstairs and placed her bag by the door so she could put her thick jacket on. Her dad watched she every move.

"I'm happy with who I am, and it's sad that you can't accept me even though I'm your kid, but that's okay. Bye, dad."

Y/N grabbed her bags and walked out the front door of the place she called home. She shit the door before her dad had the chance to speak. As she walked down the snowy road, tears started falling like rain from her eyes. She didn't know where to go.

After waking for about ten minutes, she decided to go to the only other place that felt like home to her. She knocked on the door, hoping someone was home. She heard someone moving around inside. The door opened, and Nick's smile quickly changed to a sad look when he saw how sad Y/N looked.

"Hey, Y/N. Are you okay? Come in. You look super cold."

Nick helped Y/N get her bags into the house. He say her down on the couch and threw a blanket around her. He went into the kitchen then emerged back into the living room with a cup of hot chocolate in his hands. He gave it to her and sat down beside her.

"Y/N, tell me what happened and why you have three bags full of your stuff."
"My dad went through my room and found those magazines I had you get for me. I told him I was Bi, and he kicked me out."
"Oh my garland, Y/N. I'm so sorry. You are more than welcome to stay here."
"Thanks, Nick."

Nick noticed that tears were starting to pour out of Y/N's eyes. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a comforting hug. He pulled away, and she looked at the floor.

"Something else is bothering you. Please talk to me."
"I-I just feel that no one will really accepts me for who I am. Maybe I should just change who I am."
"I accept you and so does Noelle. We've always been here for you, like need here for us. I don't want you to change. I love you for you."

Y/N moved her gaze from the floor to Nick. She's heard him say that he loved her, but this time it sounded different.

"What did you say, Nick?"
"I-I love you, Y/N. I always have, but I figured you thought I was just your dorky friend who's dad is Santa Claus and lives in the North Pole but hated being cold."
"I love you too, Nick."

Nick looked at her with a shocked expression. Without thinking, he pulled her closer to him and kissed her gently. She wrapped her arms around his neck, felling actual love for the first time.

When the need for air became to great, they pulled away and cuddled on the couch. Y/N was lying with her back to Nick's chest, and he had his arms wrapped protectively around her. She was almost asleep when she heard Nick whisper something.

"I will always love you and accept you, no matter what."

Y/N pulled Nick's arms tighter around her and let herself be lulled to sleep by the sound of Nick's breathing and the crackling fire.

Nick truly meant the words he whispered. He loved her, and he would accept her, no matter what may happen.