You Helped Me Change (Barry Berkman)

Today was Barry and Y/N's wedding day, and they were excited to finally be husband and wife. Y/N knew everything about Barry's past, and he was thankful that she decided to stay with him.

They met at Gene's acting class so they decided that they would have the wedding there. They had to pay Gene extra money, but they didn't care. They didn't know many people so there were only a few people who were invited.

Y/N told Barry that Fuches and Hank could attend the wedding, but they had to sit in the back and not speak to anyone. She knew that deep down Barry cared about them, and that he wanted them at their wedding.

Y/N had two bridesmaid, Natalie and Sasha, and Sarah was her maid of honor. Barry had two groomsmen, Jermaine and Antonio, and Nick was his best man. It took some convincing, but Gene agreed to officiate the wedding.

Y/N stood outside the double doors that lead into the stage room with her arm wrapped around her dad's. Her parents loved Barry from the first moment they met him, and Y/N was happy. She was pulled from her thoughts when she heard the song she chose to walk down the aisle to.

Her dad smiled down at her, and she hugged him. They pulled back from their hug and walked through the doors arm in arm.

Barry turned towards the doors as he heard them open. He placed a hand over him mouth and attempted to not cry. He thought Y/N look absolutely beautiful.

Y/N's dad helped her walk up the stage steps, and she stood in front of Barry. She reached back and handed Sally her bouquet not taking her eyes off Barry. He reached his hands out and grabbed hers.

They didn't take their eyes off each other as Gene began. Their focus was on each other, and they almost didn't hear Gene as he spoke to them.

"Barry, do you take Y/N to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do."

Barry looked straight into Y/N's eyes as he answered him. Gene turned towards Y/N and spoke to her.

"Y/N, do you take Barry to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do."
"They chose to write their own vows. Y/N, why don't you start."

Y/N nodded at Gene and focused her eyes on Barry's. She smiled at him, and he smiled right back at her.

"When I was little, I was always told to follow my heart, and my heart led me to you. Barry, when I first met you, I knew that I was gonna marry you. I remember when I first saw you, I couldn't remember my lines. I love you Barry, and I'm never gonna stop. I'm spending the rest of my life with you, and nothings gonna change that. I love you so much, Barry."

Y/N turned back towards Sally, and she handed her Barry's ring. She turned back towards Barry and slid the ring onto his finger. Barry looked down at the ring on his finger and a huge smile came to his face. Gene motioned for Barry to start, so Barry cleared his throat and looked at Y/N.

"I never thought I'd see the day where I would get married, and the fact that I'm up here with you, Y/N, makes this day so much better than I imagined. I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for you. I'm so grateful that you want me to be your husband, and I'm thankful that you stayed with me even though you found out about my past. You helped me change, and you helped me become the person I am today. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love you so much, Y/N."

By the time Barry finished speaking, he and Y/N both were in tears. Barry turned back towards Nick and noticed that he had tears in his eyes too. Nick handed him Y/N's ring, and he turned back towards Y/N and slipped the ring on her finger.

Barry and Y/N smile day each other as Gene continued with his last few statements. Gene looked back and forth between them as he said his final words.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Barry wrapped his arms around Y/N and pulled her against his body. He leaned down and captured her lips into a passionate kiss. Y/N placed her arms around his neck and kissed him back, matching his passion.

The wedding guests erupted with loud claps as Y/N and Barry kissed. They pulled away, interlocked hands, and turned towards their guests.

"I present Mr. and Mrs. Barry Berkman."

Y/N and Barry walked down the stage stairs and walked out the double doors. As soon as the doors closed behind them, Barry pulled Y/N into another kiss. He pulled away and placed their forehead together.

"I love you so much, Y/N. Thank you for marrying me."
"There's no need to thank me Barry. I love you too, and I wanted to marry you."

Barry smiled at Y/N, and she smiled back at him. He knew that Y/N really loved him despite his past mistakes, and he wouldn't want to spend the rest of his life with anyone else.