I'm Just As Happy (Richie Tozier)

(Part 9 of Is The Baby Mine?)

Y/N's mom called her two hours ago and invited her and Richie over for dinner. She was super excited to go because she hadn't seen her parents in a couple of weeks.

She told Richie about dinner, and he was excited to go too. Y/N's parents liked Richie, and that made him feel accepted.

They got into the car, and they drove to Y/N's parents house. The car ride was mostly silent, but it was a comfortable silence. Y/N looked out the window as his hand rested on her thigh.

Soon, they arrived at Y/N's parents house, and Richie helped Y/N get out of the car. Y/N knocked in the door, and her mom opened it with a smile on her. Her mom welcomed them in and gave them both big hugs.

"Y/N, Richie, it's so good to see you. I've missed you both. Dinner is ready, and your dad is waiting for us at the table."

Y/N and Richie followed her mom through the front of the house to the kitchen. Y/N's dad stood up, and he gave her a hug and shook Richie's hand. They all sat at the table and began fixing their plates.

They all ate, and Y/N's parents laughed at Richie's jokes. Y/N's mom brought out dessert and served a plate to everyone. They ate their dessert, and when they were finished, Y/N's dad spoke up.

"I just gotta say that I'm so excited to a grandpa. I can't wait to hold little Finn in my arms."
"I'm excited to be a grandma too. I can't wait to spoil him."

Y/N and Richie smiled at both of her parents. Y/N's mom stood up and began collecting the dishes. Y/N stood up and picked up some dishes, following her mom to the kitchen. Y/N's dad truene to towards Richie and smiled at him.

"I'm so happy that you came into Y/N's life. Dalton made her feel so worthless, and you make her light up and feel beautiful. I thank you for bring my daughter so much joy."
"It's not a problem at all. I'm just as happy. I'm so glad that she let me back into her life. After I found out that I was gonna be a father, I knew that I wanted to be there for her and the baby. She brings me so much joy, and I'm so excited to hold my son."
"You have my blessing to be with her, and I would be honored to walk her down the aisle one day as long as you're on the other end waiting for her."

Y/N's dad stood up, and Richie did the same. He hugged Richie, and he tried to not act surprised. He released Richie just as Y/N and her mom came back into the room.

They said their goodbyes, and Richie helped Y/N get into the car. She looked over at him and as that he was already looking at her. He smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"What's got you all smiley?"
"Nothing. Your dad and I had a talk, and it was nice."
"That's good. I'm glad my dad likes you, Rich."
"Me too."

Richie started the car and began driving back to the house. He was really happy that Y/N's parents actually liked him. He also liked the thought of being married to Y/N. He could see himself marrying Y/N one day. No, he was definitely gonna marry Y/N one day.