I Care About You (Milo Dean)

Y/N froze as she heard the words spoken by the nurse on the other end. Her best friend Milo had tried to commit suicide, and now, he was in the hospital.

She dropped everything she was doing and headed straight the hospital. She made her way to the main desk, and a nurse led her to Milo's room. Y/N opened the door and saw her best friend lying in the hospital bed.

Y/N made her way into the room and sat in the chair beside his bed. She grabbed his hand and began tearing up at the sight of Milo. He was the first person she met when she moved to LA. They had an instant connection.

They had met at an acting class that they were both kicked out of two weeks later. They were inseparable ever since. They went to bars and met guys together. They'd go shopping every chance they got. They were trying to live their sad lives they best way they knew how.

Y/N was pulled from her thoughts as Milo started waking up. He blinked his eyes, and she smiled sadly at him.

"Hey, Milo."
"Hey, Y/N."
"Look at you."
"Yeah, look at me. Another tragic gay cliché."

Y/N moved her chair closer to Milo's bed, trying to hide the tears threatening to leave her eyes.

"How many days did they say you'd be here?"
"A day or two."
"I'm always here if you need anything."
"Y/N, this is just something stupid I did. I was drunk and feeling melodramatic so... You didn't have to come here."
"Yes, I did, Milo. You're my best friend, and I care about you. It's you and me against the world, remember?"
"Yeah, I remember."

Y/N got up from her chair and did her best to give Milo a hug. He hugged her back, and she set back down in the chair.

"Tell me what happened. What lead you to do this that was so big that you couldn't ask your best friend for help?"
"Derek broke up with me, and I wasn't thinking. I got super drunk and...I don't know."

Y/N gave Milo a sad look. Her heart hurt for her best friend. He was in pain, and she wanted to help.

"You're coming to stay with me till you get better."
"What? Y/N, I can't just-"
"I'm not taking no for an answer. You're my best friend. Let me take care of you, Milo."
"Okay."

Milo looked at Y/N with tears leaving his eyes. She reached up and wiped his tears away with her thumbs.

"You know, I love you Y/N."
"I love you too Milo. Now get some rest."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Milo was released from the hospital two days later. They stopped by his apartment to grab somethings he needed, then they headed to Y/N's apartment on the other side of town.

Y/N helped Milo decorate his new room to his liking. She helped him set his fish tank up on the dresser and put the goldfish back in their home.

He managed to get a job at a restaurant close by as a waiter to help Y/N pay for things. He even saved some money so that he could pay for an acting class that that really close to her apartment.

They didn't really go out as much as they use to. Mostly, they played board games and watched cheesy rom-coms. They had nights where Milo would plug his phone up to her speakers, and they would lip sync and dance the night away.

Milo realized that he didn't need the prefect life to be happy. Being a famous actor and having a hot boyfriend would be nice, but what he really needs to be happy is Y/N. She could bring a smile to his face when no one else could, and Milo loved her for it.