Will You Dance With Me (Dave)

Y/N wasn't a big party person. She would much rather be outside, taking pictures of her friends and nature, or curled up on the couch looking at her photo albums. But when her best friend and crush asked her if she down to go, of course she said yes.

When she heard someone knock on her door, she ran to open. She was met with Dave's smiling face. He grabbed her hand and dragged her to Rico's van. They climbed in, and Y/N greeted the rest of the crew.

They drove for about ten minutes, then they arrived at a house with loud music playing. They piled out of the van, and Dave immediately wrapped an arm around Y/N, which wasn't uncommon for him to do, leading them into the house.

Once they were in the house, the crew split. Rod and Denise went to the kitchen, Rico and Kevin went toward the back yard, and Dave lead Y/N to the living room where people were dancing.

"Hey, I'm going to get a beer. Do you want one?"
"Yeah, sure."

Dave left her standing awkwardly in the living room Ashe made his way to the kitchen. Y/N watched as people danced to the music playing. She smiled as she thought about how Dave liked to dance.

Y/N had been in love with Dave ever since the day she joined the crew. She took pictures of Rod doing stunts for his website and stunt fliers. While she enjoyed taking pictures of Rod, her favorite person to take pictures of was Dave.

She thought he was absolutely handsome, and he always looked amazing in her pictures. She had a cute Polaroid picture of them cuddled on her couch together, but she has no idea what happened to it. She was pulled from her thoughts when she felt someone tap her shoulder.

"Here ya go."
"Thanks Dave."
"Don't sweat it Y/N/N."

They stood there laughing and watching Kevin and Rico dance to the up beat music. The up beat song need and a slower one began. Y/N noticed that the song was "Photograph" by Ed Sheeran. She turned to Dave with a huge smile on her face.

"This is my favorite song."
"I know it is. Hey, will you dance with me, Y/N?"
"Yes, of course."

Dave stuck his hand out, and Y/N grabbed it. He walked them out to where other couples were dancing and put his arms around her waist. She put her arms around his neck, and they started swaying to the song.

'Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive'

Y/N sung along with the song as her and Dave continued to dance. She laid her head down on his shoulder, and Dave heard her singing the words.

'We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
And time's forever frozen still'

Y/N thought about all the pictures she had of Dave that she loved. She had pictures of him working on his garage, at stunts, and him lounging around her house. She thought about how she kept her live for him hidden in her pictures.

'So you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home'

Dave pulled back slightly causing Y/N to look up at him. She could read the expression in his face, but she could tell he was thinking about something.

"What's a matter, Dave?"
"Can I show you something?"

She nodded her head, he moved one of his hands and reached into his front pants pocket. He pulled his hand out and in it was a picture. He handed it to Y/N, and noticed that it was the Polaroid picture she was missing.

'Loving can heal
Loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know (know)
I swear it will get easier
Remember that with every piece of ya
And it's the only thing we take with us when we die'

"I've been looking for this picture, and you've had it the whole time?"
"Yeah, I'm sorry I took it. You have all these pictures of me, and I just wanted one of you."

They continued to dance as thoughts ran through Y/N's head. She couldn't figure out why Dave would want a picture of her, and why did he kept it in pocket.

'We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts were never broken
Times forever frozen still'

"D-do you want it back? Because if you do, you can-"
"No, Dave. You can keep it. Like you said, I have plenty pictures of you."

'So you can keep me
Inside the pocket
Of your ripped jeans
Holdin' me closer
'Til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone'

"Why do you want a picture of me?"
"Because you're beautiful, and when you're not here, I can still see your pretty face?"
"Why do you keep it in your pants pocket?"
"Because of this song."

'And if you hurt me
That's OK, baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go'

Y/N was stunned. She couldn't come up with anything to say, so she pulled her closer to Dave as they continued to sway to the song.

'Wait for me to come home
Wait for me to come home
Wait for me to come home'

'Oh you can fit me
Inside the necklace you got when you were sixteen
Next to your heartbeat
Where I should be
Keep it deep within your soul'

"Can I show you something, Dave?"
"Yeah, of course."

She pulled back slightly and opened the heart that was on her necklace, revealing a picture of Dave.

'And if you hurt me
Well, that's OK, baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go'

Dave moves one of his hands to Y/N's face and placed his lips against hers. She kissed him back, matching the amount of passion Dave showed. When the need for air became to great, they pulled back, and Y/N rested her head on his shoulder.

'When I'm away
I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost
Back on 6th street
Hearing you whisper through the phone
"Wait for me to come home"'

As the song came to an end, Y/N looked up at Dave noticed that he was already looking at her. He wanted to tell her how he felt, but he couldn't find the right words.

"Y/N, this probably isn't going to make any sense, but I need to say it anyways. I love you, and I've been in love with you since the day we met. I never had the courage to tell you because I didn't know how you felt about me, but seeing that little picture of me in your heart necklace let me know that you felt the same way. I-"

Dave was interrupted by Y/N placing her lips on his. She moved her hands to cup his cheeks as his gripped her hips. She pulled away and grabbed his hand, leading them outside to the van.

They got in, and Y/N dug through her bag, looking for her Polaroid camera. She found it and smiled at Dave. She moved closer to him and extended her arm with the camera in her hand.

"Smile!"
"Look at me for a second."

Y/N turned her attention to Dave, and he put his lips on hers again, extended his arm to push the button on the camera. He successfully pressed the button and the picture began to print. Once it was finished, Dave grabbed it, shook it, and looked at it with a huge smile on his face.

"Yeah, this is definitely my new favorite picture of us."

Y/N smiled at Dave as he continues to look at the picture. She knew that she was going to have to find a way to steal that picture from him because now, it was her favorite too.