What're We Gonna Do Now (Barry Berkman)

( Part 2 of I Will Kill You)

The events that happened happened earlier today played through Y/N's head as Barry drove down the highway. The man that Barry called Fuches chloroformed her then tied her up. She thought about how Barry pointed an actual fucking fun at her and the frightening look that plastered his face.

Barry had been driving for about two and a half hours when he stopped at a motel outside of town. The motel wasn't a fancy one, but it wasn't a run down one either. He looked over at Y/N and grabbed her hand which pulled her from her thoughts as she looked at him.

"I'm gonna go see if they have any rooms available. Is that okay?"
"Yeah, it's fine, Barry."
"Okay. You stay here, and I'll be right back."

Y/N watched Barry as he exited the car and made his way into the motel lobby. She looked around at the surroundings and noticed that there wasn't much around. She saw a little gas station and a dollar store. She jumped when her door opened.

"Hey, it's okay. It's just me."
"I'm sorry. My nerves are just on end from everything that's happened today."
"Come on. I got us a room for tonight. We can sleep off today's events."

Barry stretches his hand out to Y/N, and she took it, getting out the car. Barry insisted that he would carry their things, handed the key to her, and told her the room number.

She opened the door to the room, and it wasn't anything spectacular. The room wasn't fancy, but at least, it looked clean. She walked in and helped Barry set their things down. She went and sat on the the edge of the bed and put her head in her hands. Barry walked over to her and sat down beside her, wrapping an arm around her back.

"Y/N, sweetheart. What's wrong?"
"I-I...just...what're we gonna do now?"
"Well, now, we're gonna put on some comfortable clothes and sleep this horrible day away."
"That's not what I meant, Barry."

Y/N gave Barry a glare, and he wrapped his around her tighter. He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her head.

"What if the people you use to work find us and threaten to kill you if you don't? What if I get taken and tied to another chair or worse?"

Y/N broke down into sobs, and Barry moved from the bed to kneel in front of her. He grabbed her hands and rested them on her thighs. He squeezed her hands and moved one of his hands to her face making her look at him.

"Hey, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I love you Y/N, and I'm gonna keep you safe. I'm gonna get us away from here and people who could hurt us. I lost you once, and I'm not gonna lose you again. You're the only person that matters to me. You're my everything, Y/N."

Y/N stood, pulling Barry up with her. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck. He snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She pulled back slightly and connected their lips together.

When air became a necessity, they pulled back and smiled at each other. Y/N walked over to her suitcase and pulled out one of Barry's shirts and a pair of sleep shorts. She walked into the en-suite bathroom and shit the door.

When she was finished changing, she walked out of the bathroom and saw that Barry had already changed into his sleeping attire. He pulled the covers and fixed the pillows. Y/N grabbed his hand and pulled him into bed with her. They both stared and laughed at each other.

They situated themselves in the bed and wrapped their arms around each other. Y/N snuggled her face into Barry's chest as he pulled her tighter against him. She raised her head up and looked him in his eyes.

"I know you always say you're gonna protect me, but I'm gonna protect you too. I love you so much, Barry, and I don't want to lose you. You're my entire world.
"I love you too, Y/N, so much."

Barry leaned his head down and captured her lips into another kiss. He pulled away, and Y/N rested her head on his chest. Within minutes, she heard little snores come from Barry.

Y/N raised up slightly and looked at how peaceful he looked when he was sleeping. She didn't know where their journey was leading them, but she knew she would everything in her power to keep Barry safe. He was the love of her life, and she wasn't going to let anything happen to him.