I'd Rather Look At You (Aaron Conners)

Y/N and Aaron were lounging in beach chairs listening to the sound of the waves crashing. They desperately needed this vacation. Between their hectic jobs and home life, they were going a little crazy.

But, now, they were relaxing as the sun began to set. Aaron tipped his sunglasses and looked over at Y/N. He knew that he was one hundred percent in love with her. She was laying in her beach chair, eyes closed, just enjoyed the stress free moment.

Y/N felt that someone was looking at her, so she opened her eyes and saw that Aaron was staring at her. She smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"I love you, Y/N."
"I love you too, Aaron."

Y/N looked back to where the sun was setting behind the ocean. She smiled to herself and sighed as she took in the view.

"Would you just look at sunset."
"I'd rather look at you. That's why I married you, so I can look at you whenever I want."

She looked back over at Aaron and shot him a playful look. Before she could answer him, two kids jumped on him. Aaron let out a groan as the kids jumped in him. Y/N laughed as Aaron was being attacked.

"Okay, Chloe and Daniel. I think daddy has had enough."
"Yeah, daddy's had enough."

Chloe snuggled into Aaron's chair with him as Daniel climbed into Y/N's lap and laid his head on her chest. She knew it was getting close to his bedtime, and an idea crossed her mind.

"Hey, kids. What do you say we pack our things up and go get some ice cream before you two have to go to bed?"

Chloe started cheering and quickly got up from beside Aaron to pick up her toys. She picked up Daniel and put him in the ground, and she told him to help his sister. Aaron stood up and stretched his arms, and he let out a yawn. Y/N watched as the muscles in his body flexed as he stretched. He looked over at her and laughed.

"What? I have rights to look to."
"I'm not complaining. You can look at me all you want."

Y/N rolled her eyes and pushed him lightly. She went to walk away from him, but before she could get to far, he grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him. He placed his lips on her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Y/N kissed him back, but they pulled away as they heard strings of 'ewww' coming from their six year old daughter and three year old son. They smiled at each other before packing up the rest of their things.

They walked from the beach to the beach house they rented for their trip. They sat their things down by the door, and Y/N grabbed Chloe's hand as Aaron picked Daniel up. They walked to a little ice cream parlor close to the beach house to get their ice cream.

They sat down and ate their ice creams as Chloe and Daniel talked about how much fun they had today. Y/N and Aaron smiled at each as they watched their kids. They loved how close they were.

They finished their ice creams, and Y/N carried Daniel as Aaron carried Chloe. They were both worn out and tired from their fun day at the beach. Both kids got a bath before going to bed.

Y/N fixed a bath, and of course, Aaron insisted on joining her. They settled into the bath, and she leaned back against his chest and rested her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her, and they both took a deep breath and sighed.

"We should do this more often."
"What, take a bath together or go on a vacation?"
"I say both."
"You know it's hard for us to get away, Aaron. With both of our demanding jobs and precious kids, we never get a break."
"But, I wouldn't trade the little moments we get together. I know our life together is hectic, but we knew it would be like this before we got married. I love you, and I promise that we'll take more vacations."

Y/N angled her head, and Aaron kissed her. She kissed him back and smiled as they pulled away slightly.

"Come on, let's go to bed."
"Yes, ma'am. I'm right behind you."

They got out of the bath, and they put on their sleep clothes before settling in bed together. Y/N snuggled into Aaron's chest, and he kissed the top on her head.

"I love you so much, Aaron, and I would trade our crazy life for anything."
"I love you too, baby."

They drifted to sleep while holding each other. They loved their life together, and they loved their kids. They just had to learn how to slow down and relax every once in awhile. And, they would definitely be coming back to the beach because Y/N loved watching a sun kissed, shirtless Aaron playing in the sand with their beautiful kids.