Baby, You Look Flawless (Clark Honus)

(Clark Honus is one of Bill's many characters from Documentary Now!)

Y/N had always been insecure about herself. She didn't like her body type, and she never thought that she was pretty. Ever since she and Clark got together, he would comfort her about her insecurities all the time. He knew the right words to say to calm her.

Clark had receive a letter that the Blue Jean Committee was being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and Y/N was so proud of him, but she was also anxious. She would have to dress up nice and walk out in front of people who would be doing interviews and taking pictures. She knew that the interviewers would judge her and question why Clark was with her. Also, it didn't help that she was significantly younger than him.

Clark's age never bothered Y/N, but she knew that others would have opinions about their age difference. She loved him, and she knew that their age difference didn't bother him either, but she worried that he would realize that she wasn't the perfect girl, and he would leave her.

He told her to go a buy any dress that she wanted to wear to the event, no matter the price. Two hours and several dresses later, she finally found one that looked okay on her.

On the day of the event, Clark hired a stylist to come to the house to doll Y/N up. After she was finished with her hair and makeup, she helped Y/N into her dress. When Y/N finally got into her dress, she looked at herself in the mirror, and she began feeling her insecurities attacking her.

The stylist made her way down stairs and told Clark that Y/N was good to go. He thanked her, and he made his way up stairs to see Y/N. He slowly opened the bedroom door, and he saw her standing in front of the mirror with a sad look on her face.

Y/N heard the bedroom door close, and she turned around and saw Clark standing behind her. She did her best to shake her thoughts from her head as she walked towards him.

"You're suit looks amazing on you."
"Well, thanks, but you're dress looks even better on you."

Y/N's face fell a little at his comment, and he noticed. He stepped closer to her and placed his hands on her hips, pulling her even closer to him.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?"
"It's nothing. I'm fine. We need to finish getting ready so we're not late."

She went to pull away from him, but he pulled her by her hips back to him. She looked up at him and saw that he was staring at her with a worried look on his face.

"Honey, please. Tell me what's got you upset."
"Clark, I told you that I'm fine."
"Y/N, I know you, and I can tell that something has got you upset. Please, let me help you."

Y/N looked into his eyes and saw that he was serious. She let out a sigh and moved her eyes to his chest where her hands rested.

"I just don't feel pretty, and I'm worried that the interview people are gonna judge me for how I look because I'm not the prettiest girl. Also, they're gonna talk about out age difference, and I'm afraid that you're gonna listen to them and leave me for someone who looks better."

Y/N continued to look down, and Clark moved his hand and lifted her chin up, making her look at him. She looked at him, and he moved both one his hands to cup her face.

"Baby, you look flawless. I think you're absolutely gorgeous. No other woman holds a candle to you. Fuck those reporters, sexy is written all over you. Let me hear someone say something negative about you, and they'll end up with a fist to the face. I could never leave you, sweetheart. You're the only woman who's called me out on my bullshit, and you keep me in check. I'd be mad man without you. I love you so much, Y/N, and You're the most beautiful woman to walk on the face of this earth."

Clark leaned in and captured her lips in a meaningful kiss. She wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed him back. He pulled away and smiled down at her.

"How do you feel now?"
"Better, thanks to you."
"That's what I'm here for, sweetheart."
"I love you, Clark."
"I love you too, Y/N."

He kissed her again, and they both pulled away smiling at each other. Y/N knew that everything Clark said was true. She loved him and his ability to calm her. She knew that with Clark Honus by her side, she could conquer any insecurities that came her way.