some days (scomark)

the dots • separate events by a few days/weeks. the dashes - go to later that day or the next day. :-)

Scott and Mark are best friends.

They're next door neighbors. Scott drives Mark to school every day.

They have most of their classes together, except for their third period and their last elective. Scott goes to choir, and Mark takes some extra time to study.

Mark doesn't mind waiting for Scott to practice for 30 minutes after school gets out. He likes the quiet environment of the school after it's let out, anyway.

Oh yeah, and one more thing.

Mark is absolutely, head over heels, in love with Scott.

But Scott doesn't know that.

Mark takes the walk to Scott's house, taking in the cool fall air. Fall is his favorite season.

He knocks on Scott's door.

Scott answers the door, a cute smile on his face. "Hey, Marky. Mom made cinnamon rolls, if you want one while I finish getting ready."

"Ooh, yes please. Good Morning, Connie," Mark says, taking a cinnamon roll off the tray.

"Morning, sweetheart," Connie says.

Mark takes a bite of the cinnamon roll. "These are amazing, as always. Thank you, mama."

Connie laughs at the nickname. "You're welcome, Mark. Always happy to feed my second son."

Mark chuckles at that, and Scott is running down the stairs, finally dressed for the day.

"Ready?" Scott asks.

"Mhm," Mark hums, "Bye, Connie, see you later."

"Bye, boys, have a good day! Drive safe, Scott!"

"Yes, mom," Scott responds, kissing Connie's cheek before they leave.

They get into Scott's car, and they're on their way.

"We have time to stop at Starbucks, if you want." Scott offers.

"I always want to stop at Starbucks, Hoying."

Scott laughs at that, and they pull into the drive through.

"Hi, I'll have one Iced Mocha with cream and sugar, and one hot Pumpkin Spice Latte, please."

"Changing it up today?" Mark asks, as Scott passes him his mocha.

"It's Pumpkin Spice Season," Scott shrugs. He sips his drink. "God, so good."

This is how most of their mornings go. Mark feels right at home with Scott, and even Scott's family. Scott feels the same with Mark and Mark's family. It's just their dynamic.

scotty: is it cool if i practice for like 10 more minutes

marky: yeah whatever :)

scotty: thank uuuuuu❤️

marky: anything for u

Mark chuckles at Scott's text. He's waiting outside the practice room, but he doesn't mind hearing Scott sing, anyway.

When Scott leaves the practice room, he smiles when he sees Mark.

"You sounded really nice, Scotty," Mark compliments.

"Oh, uh," Scott blushes, "Thank you."

Mark smiles at Scott's cute blush. "Ready to head home?"

"Yeah."