superstar (scomark)

"I miss you too, baby," Mark says into the phone, unpacking his suitcase.

"Only 2 more weeks of tour, then I can hold you again," Scott says, and Mark can practically feel Scott's frown through the phone. "I'm sorry. It's just been so long since I've seen you. Ignore how sappy I am."

"Three months is a long time. I was so excited to see you and tour with you that week you were near LA, but I had that family emergency," Mark sighs, "I really am sorry, Scotty." He starts taking his bathroom items to the hotel bathroom.

"It's not like it was your fault," Scott says, "it just happened at the most unfortunate time."

"Where are you performing tonight, love?" Mark asks.

"Phoenix."

Mark smiles to himself. "We've made it 3 months. We can do 2 weeks, sweetpea."

The nickname melts Scott's heart. "I miss you, Marky." His voice breaks.

It takes everything Mark has in him not to tell him what he has planned. "Scotty, don't cry. You'll make me cry."

"I'm sorry, it's just been hard without you."

"I love you. It's okay, baby." Mark says.

"Scott?" Mitch turns the corner, "Who are you talking to?"

"Mark."

"Hey, Mitch!" Mark says through the phone.

"Hey, Mark! Scott, are you crying?"

"I'm alright, Mitch. Mark, I'll call you later."

~

Mark stands outside Scott's dressing room, ready to surprise his boyfriend. He knocks.

The door opens, and it all seems real for the first time in 3 months.

Scott breaks out into a grin. "Marky," he wraps his arms around his boyfriend, "I missed you, angel."

Mark can't help the tears that fall down his face. "I missed you too, Scotty."

"I thought you had to work?" Scott pulls away from the hug, "You know what? I don't care. You're here now."

Mark laughs, and Scott smiles. It's been so long since he's seen Mark laugh.

"Mark? You're here!" Kirstin says, "Scott's been missing you a lot lately!"

"Kirst," Scott grumbles.

"I'm pretty sure I missed him more," Mark says.

"Baby," Scott grabs Mark's hand.

"I'm happy to see y'all reunited. Scott, we're at places in 10 minutes."

"Thank you 10," Scott says, "Now where were we?" He asks Mark.

Mark pulls them both into Scott's dressing room, then pulls Scott in for a kiss.

When they pull apart, Mark speaks. "I missed you like hell, baby."

"How long are you here? Just for the night?"

"Oh, I haven't told you yet," Mark bites his lip, "I'm here the rest of tour."

"The rest of tour?" Scott asks, in disbelief.

Mark nods, laughing.

"Baby, I'm so happy." Scott says, wiping a tear from his face.

Mitch knocks on the door. "Scott! Places!"

"Thank you, places!" Scott says, "Sorry, I have to go."

"I'll be right here when you come back, superstar." Mark says, giving Scott a kiss.