new years eve (meau)

not proud of this tbh

•••••

"Angel boy," Beau pouts, when he sees the condition that Mitch is in.

He's very pale, and he's shivering even though there's sweat glistening on his forehead. A tear falls down his cheek, he's frustrated.

"How come I didn't notice this?" Beau asks, kneeling beside Mitch, "Baby, how long have you been sick?"

"Three or, f-four days." Mitch says, shivering.

"I think you've got the flu, angel," Beau says, "We're staying in tonight."

Mitch shakes his head. This isn't what he wanted.

"Look at you! You can't go out, honey. I'm sorry."

"You go have fun at the New Years party. I'll stay here." Mitch says, standing up from the couch. His knees are weak, he loses his balance.

"Mitch!" Beau exclaims, stopping his fall, "I wasn't going to leave you here, anyways. You can't stay here by yourself. Your health should always be your first priority."

Mitch starts to softly cry. "I'm sorry."

Beau carries Mitch to their shared bedroom, and kisses his sweaty forehead. He gives Mitch some medicine.

"How are you doing, honey?"

Mitch sighs. "Not good," he says, and his voice is raspy from all of the coughing. "Happy that you're here, though."

"Wanna go to sleep, babe?"

Mitch nods slowly. "Don't get too close to me. Don't want you getting sick too."

Beau runs his hand through Mitch's hair. "Oops. Too late. But I also got a flu shot, and you didn't."

Mitch slips his eyes shut.

When the clock stickers midnight, Beau realizes that he has nobody to kiss. He looks over at Mitch and gives his hand a squeeze.

He's not going anywhere.