30 days of fluff: proposal

this is based off of a scomiche oneshot that had a sad ending that i read ages ago that i can't remember what book it's in. if the creator is on here, this is inspired by you, but this time with a happy ending!

-

Mark parks the car, and quickly leans over the center console to kiss Scott.

"Was that your way of saying you'll miss me?" Scott teases.

"Shut up. Yes." Mark says. "What am I gonna do without you for a week?"

"I keep asking myself the same thing," Scott says, grabbing Mark's hand. "You're sure you can't come? I can always buy you a last minute ticket for a flight out tonight." He brings Mark's hand to his lips, kissing it gently.

"As much as I want to take you up on that offer, I have work to do." Mark says. "Have fun on your venue tour, babe. I love you."

"I love you too," Scott leans in to kiss Mark quickly. "I'll see you in eight days."

"Eight days."

-

When Mark arrives home, Bubba is quick to greet him. He runs and is practically jumping on Mark.

"Hi, buddy. You need breakfast, don't you?"

Mark opens the cabinet that has Bubba's food in it, and furrows his eyebrows when a folded up piece of paper falls.

Mark picks up the piece of paper and unfolds it.

I love the way you are so unconditionally kind to everyone you meet. It reminds me time and time again how much I love you. You inspire me to be the best version of myself.

He recognizes the handwriting as Scott's. Scott wrote him this sweet little note to look at while he was out of town.

marky💘: thank you for the note, baby. that was so sweet.

He knows Scott won't see the text for a few hours, and continues to feed Bubba.

-

About 2 hours later, Mark is meal prepping, opening the fridge to grab some vegetables.

Right where his string beans are, another note.

He smiles, grabbing the piece of paper and unfolding it.

I love your laugh, and I love your smile. Your positive outlook on life allows me to see them both often, and I consider that some of the best things in my life. I love you so much.

Mark is smiling just reading the note. He sends Scott another message.

marky💘: another one! did you hide them all over the house?

scotty❣️: landed!
scotty❣️: maybe:)

marky💘: you're too good to me
marky💘: i love you

scotty❣️: i love you too sweetheart

marky💘: be safe my love

scotty❣️: i will:)

-

Throughout the course of the week, Mark finds 6 more notes.

I cannot describe how happy I am to wake up by your side every morning. You're the sweetest man I've ever known, and it's amplified in the morning when you kiss me. I love you more than anything.

Never stop being you. I know you get self conscious of your excitement sometimes, don't. You're perfection. I love you. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. I hit the boyfriend jackpot.