mexico (scomark)

Mark is content.

He has his favorite arms around him, as he looks at the waves rolling in front of him.

They're on a boat, leaving from swimming with whale sharks.

Scott removes his arms from around Mark and Mark pouts. "Baby, hold me."

Scott chuckles. "I just wanted to tell you I have a surprise for you tonight. We have to be there by 8."

"A surprise?" Mark asks. "Scotty, you don't have to—"

"I want to, angel," Scott gently interrupts, "Besides, it's already all set up. I have to go, but I'll see you at 8, okay, sweetheart?"

"How should I dress?"

"Dress nice," Scott says. "I love you!" He leans in and kisses Mark quickly before exiting the boat.

"I love you too," Mark calls back. He bites his lip. He's so lucky.

It's 7:50 and Mark is at the location Scott texted him to be. Except it's weird, because it's a restaurant, but there are no tables. Just a hostess stand and an elevator.

"Oh, Mr. Manio!" The hostess says, "I'll take you to your table." She presses a button on the elevator and the doors open. Mark's eyes widen when he steps in and he sees her press the 15th floor.

"Are you sure about this? He knows I don't like heights..." Mark says.

"I remember taking the reservation on the phone with him, and he thought about this, but we assured that it's a super safe environment and everyone is protected with a safety hammock."

"Hammock?" Mark's eyes widen. "You mean like, we're outside?"

"Oh, we're here!" The hostess says, the elevator doors open and Mark is shocked. Tables are individually in the sky with staircases leading to each of them. It looks really cool, but Mark can't help but wonder...

"Hey, angel," Mark hears, and he sees Scott in a full tux, holding a rose.

"Hey, baby," Mark smiles. Any doubts about the heights go away. He knows he's safe with Scott.

Scott offers Mark the rose and he takes it. "I know heights aren't your thing, and we don't have to do this if you don't want to. I have a backup plan, we can always have a moonlit picnic on the beach," He smiles, "But I just thought that this might be really romantic."

Mark bites his lip. "I trust you," he says. "Which is our table?"

Scott takes Mark's hand and holds it all the way up the steps, and to the table. Mark grins when he notices the rose petals and champagne on the table, while those things weren't on the other tables.

"Champagne?" Scott offers, and Mark nods. Scott pours him some and Mark sips it.

"My favorite," Mark says, "Thank you, honey."

Scott pours himself a glass, and kisses Mark's temple before raising his glass. "To another night together," he says, "And, to the greatest love I'll ever find."

"To the greatest love I'll ever find," Mark repeats, and they clink their glasses.

They chat and eat as the sun sets, and they're both just happy. Happy to have no obligations, happy to be on vacation, happy to be with each other.

"Thank you for tonight, Scotty. Where did all of this come from?" Mark says, trailing his hand gently on Scott's thigh.

"I just wanted to treat my baby a little," Scott smiles, "To remind you that I love you, try something new."

"I love you too." Mark says. "I'm so lucky to have you," he scoots a little closer to Scott, "I mean that, baby, I don't know what I'd do without you."

Scott grabs Mark's hand and silences him by pressing their lips together. That feeling of this is where I'm meant to be is there as always, and when they pull away, Mark is giggling.

"What're you thinking about?" Scott asks, running his thumb along Mark's jawline.

"I'm just happy, baby," Mark says, "This was so romantic. Thank you."

"Anything for you, sweetheart."