my love for you (scomiche)

"Baby, are you awake?" Mitch practically whispers, and Scott stirs beside him.

"Yeah, Mitchy, what's up?" Scott asks, wrapping his arms around Mitch.

"Was it true, what Lauren said?"

"What did she say?"

Mitch giggles quietly, because he definitely should have remembered that Scott wasn't in the room when Lauren told him this.

"She said that she's never seen you this happy with a boy, and that you've never voluntarily brought one home to see the family, let alone show them off like you did me." Mitch says, sighing.

"Yeah, I guess that is true."

"It just, it doesn't make sense."

"What doesn't make sense?"

"Why I'm different from your past relationships."

"Angel," Scott says, and Mitch can practically hear Scott's pout in his words, and the next thing he knows, he sees the lamp being turned on, illuminating Scott's face. "You're different in all of the right ways. You make me smile and laugh every single goddamn day, even when I have the worst days. When we were best friends growing up, you were literally my favorite person ever. You still are. I've never come close to loving anyone nearly as much as I love you. You mean the world to me, baby, you're my everything." Scott starts running his thumb across Mitch's cheek. "I don't know what I would do without you. I'm so in love with you it's probably not healthy." Scott chuckles.

"Scotty," Mitch breathes out a shaky breath, "I love you too. I still don't understand why I'm so special, but thank you, baby."

"You want to know when I knew I was done for?" Scott asks.

Mitch giggles. "Sure."

"Three years ago, I came home from work, and I heard music blasting through the house. I walked into the living room, and you were singing along to the songs and dancing full out. When you saw I came home, you were so embarrassed. Your cheeks got all red as you laughed and I knew I couldn't go without that adorable smile of yours."

Mitch giggles quietly, and Scott runs his thumb across Mitch's dimples.

"See? That one, right there."

"I love you. Thank you for being mine." Mitch says.

Scott just kisses Mitch, slow and gentle, and when they part, they go to sleep.