simple (scomiche)

"Scott, he cares about you too much to say no."

Scott shrugged. "I don't know, Kirst, we're still so young. Marriage is forever! What if he's scared of forever?"

"But you've known each other for years! You met when you were ten and you've been dating for 5 years and—oh, hey, Mitch!" Kirstin smiled.

"Hey, princess." Scott looked down at him.

"Hey, honey." Mitch replied. Scott kissed his forehead. "Hey, Kirst." Mitch said.

"What are y'all doing today?" Kirstin asked.

"Working," Mitch said, rolling his eyes. "But I get off at six, and then I can spend some time with my boyfriend." He looked up at Scott.

~

"Scotty, what is all of this?" Mitch asked, stepping into their (very nicely decorated) dining room.

"Come on, honey." Scott grabbed his hand and led him to his seat, where he sat down, and then sat down across from him. "I wanted to treat you to a nice dinner."

Mitch placed his hand to his heart, blushing. "I love you, Scotty."

"I love you too, princess, now let's eat."

They ate and talked about how their week was, and at one point Mitch reached across the table and laced their fingers together. Scott didn't know why that out of everything was what got him, but it was such a sweet gesture in his eyes.

They brought their dishes to the kitchen, and while Mitch was washing the dishes, Scott rubbed Mitch's shoulders and kissed between his shoulder blades. He knows Mitch loves when he does that.

Mitch's cheeks turned red and Scott noticed, chuckling in response. "You're adorable."

Mitch rolled his eyes. "Help me put the dishes away."

Scott could have planned an elaborate proposal that took all day, but he and Mitch are simple, so their proposal is simple.

He waited until Mitch's back was turned to get down on one knee.

As Mitch turned around, his eyes widened and his hand flew to his mouth.

"Scott," he whispered.

"Mitch, I'm in love with you. You're the one I want by my side for the rest of my life. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" Scott asked.

Mitch nodded, tears coming out of his eyes. "Yes Scott, of course I'll marry you," he sank down on his knees to meet his favorite pair of eyes, and then he kissed Scott. "I love you so much,"

Scott put the ring on Mitch, and then kissed Mitch with all of the love he had in him. "I love you too."