surprise visit (scomiche)

Mitch sneaks into the left wing of the stage. "Are you sure he doesn't know I'm here?" He asks Esther, Scott's tour manager.

"One hundred percent positive. He misses you a ton, though. He'll be really happy to see you here." Esther says, "He's really in love with you, Mitch. It's a little disgusting."

Mitch laughs. "I think I'll just hang out here until he's done."

"Alright, Mitch. Text me if you need anything." Esther says, before going to the dressing rooms.

Mitch looks onstage and sees his fiancé, Scott Hoying. He's currently singing Mitch's favorite song, Natural Disaster.

Mitch swears he sees Scott do a double take when Mitch starts to sing along.

After Scott's concert ends, he thanks the audience for coming and heads offstage.

Only to see Mitch.

"Mitchy," Scott says, in shock, "You're here?"

"Yeah, I'm here, baby," Mitch says, waiting on Scott's reaction.

"I missed you so fucking much," Scott nearly crushes Mitch in a hug, and Mitch tilts his head up to give Scott a kiss.

"I missed you too, Scotty, this was such a last minute visit. I just really wanted to see you," Mitch says, grinning as he wraps his arms around Scott's neck.

"How long are you here?" Scott asks.

"I called out of work for a week and a half." Mitch bites his lip and smiles. "So at least 8 days with you."

"8 days?"

Mitch nods, giggling.

"God, I love you. Come on, let's get to the tour bus."

~

Once they're in the tour bus, they both climb into Scott's room. It's a rather nice tour bus, the room is small for a bedroom, but much bigger than a tour bus bunk.

Mitch looks at the ceiling and sees that Scott taped several pictures of either just Mitch, or just the two of them up on the ceiling, the center photo being the two of them kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower, minutes after Scott had proposed.

"Scotty, that's so cute," Mitch gestures towards the pictures.

"I like you to be the first thing that I see every day," Scott says, "That was the best way to do it."

Mitch snuggles into Scott. "Our bed at home is so empty without you." He pouts, "Sometimes I sleep in the guest room because it makes me so upset."

"Mitchy," Scott says, running his fingers through Mitch's hair, "I've missed you more than anything on this tour. You're coming with me on the next one, right?"

Mitch nods, knowing Scott will feel it.

"That makes me so happy," Scott kisses Mitch's head, "No more being lonely, traveling with the love of my life,"

Mitch giggles, interrupting Scott's rambling.

"What're you giggling about, sunflower?"

"I'm just so excited to travel the world with you. Also....sunflower?"

"Did you not like the nickname? Sorry, I was trying it out and—"

"No, it was really fucking cute, actually, just, where did you think of that?"

"When I was a kid and I would be sad, my mom would bring me sunflowers. She'd say, 'You just can't look at a sunflower without smiling.' And that's how I feel about you, too."

"That's adorable," Mitch says, lacing his hand in Scott's.

Scott kisses Mitch's hand. "Thank you for coming to see me. I love you."

Mitch kisses Scott's chest. "I love you too."