semester end (scomark)

Mark walks to his apartment, the bitter air outside nipping at his skin. He tightens his arms around himself, tries to keep warm.

When he finally makes it, no one is home. He warms up a mug of hot chocolate for himself, smiling as he throws some marshmallows in. He's just aced his last final; he deserves it.

He changes into some pajamas and his boyfriend's hoodie before sitting down in front of the tv, pressing play on a christmas film. He sips his hot chocolate as he watches, pushing the mug to the side once it's gone.

marky: i'm home! when are you done?

scotty: i'm finishing up my test in the library. eta 1hr. can't wait to see u!

marky: good luck, baby!!

scotty: 🥰❤️

The door opens around halfway through the movie. Mark looks over and sees his smiling boyfriend, hanging up his scarf at the door. He can't help but note how cute it is when his cheeks are red, even if it is just because of the cold.

"Hey, sweetheart!" Scott says, "How did your final go?"

Scott sits next to Mark on the couch as Mark speaks.

"It went well," Mark says, "I got an A."

"Baby!" Scott exclaims, "That's amazing!"

"Thank you, honey," Mark smiles. "How about yours?"

"The grade won't be in for a little bit, but I feel really good about it." Scott says. "Is that my hoodie?"

Mark giggles quietly. "Maybe."

"C'mere," Scott wraps his arms around Mark's waist, pulling him close. "You're so cute," he says, leaning in for a kiss.

When they pull apart, Scott grins. "You taste like hot chocolate and marshmallows," he says.

"Yeah, I do," Mark says. "I made some earlier."

"Without me?" Scott teases.

"Maybe," Mark responds. "Want some?"

"I'd love that."

Mark gets up and makes two more mugs of hot chocolate, and brings them to the couch. "Marshmallows?"

"Hot chocolate without marshmallows is just sad, Marky," Scott teases. "Yes, please."

Mark brings over some marshmallows for the both of them, and they sip on their hot chocolate as the movie plays.

They're almost done with their mugs and the movie is almost over when Scott checks his phone.

Mark notes this as unusual behavior. Normally he has Scott's undivided attention. "Everything okay, baby?" He asks.

"Yeah, honey, sorry, my final grade just went up," he says. "I got an A!"

"Yay!" Mark says, congratulating Scott with a kiss. "I knew you would. Wanna celebrate?" He asks.

Scott shrugs. "I think this is celebration enough," he says. "Cuddling with my baby, watching Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate," he smiles, "what more could I ask for?"

Mark smiles fondly. "I love you," he says.

"I love you too," Scott says. "Here's to a great semester."

They clink their hot chocolate mugs, each take a sip, and cuddle closer to one another, as the movies continue to play.