now & then

for those who don't know, the bodyguard book has its first few parts out! read read read!

okay so the idea of this is something in the relationship that happened in the current timeframe, and then the first time it happened :-) let me know if that makes sense!

part 2?
-

"Scott?" Mark yells. "Did you get these for me?" He smiles sweetly, smelling the flowers in the vase.

"Huh?" Scott yells.

"Get in here!" Mark yells, giggling shortly after. Scott walks in, and sees Mark smiling sweetly, admiring the flowers in the vase. "Did you get these for me, baby?"

"Yeah," Scott blushes. "I know you love flowers....and I love you, so...I wanted to get some for you. Is that okay?"

"I love it when you surprise me with flowers," Mark says, his smile growing. "You do realize that I did already say I'll marry you, right?" He teases.

"I know," Scott smiles at him. "I can still get you flowers though," he leans in, kissing Mark sweetly.

"Not complaining," Mark hums happily. "I love you, you know that?"

"I love you too," Scott leans in to kiss Mark again.

-

"Hi! Are you Mark?" The man asks. He's tall, blonde, and handsome. Mark thinks this will go great.

"Yeah, that's me," Mark says. "You're Scott?"

The man, Scott, nods, smiling. "Yeah. Should we go?" He asks, gesturing out the door.

"Lead the way."

Scott leads the way to his car, opens the door for Mark, and Mark smiles when he sees what's in the front seat.

"These are for you," Scott says, handing Mark the bouquet of roses. "I hope you like them, beautiful."

"I—nobody's ever gotten flowers for me before, Scott. This is really sweet of you. I love them. Thank you," Mark blushes, before sitting in Scott's car.

-

Mark is fixing his shirt in the mirror, and giggles when Scott wraps his arms around him from behind, placing a kiss to his shoulder.

"Hi," Mark says.

"Hi," Scott says, smiling wide.

"Just wanted to hold me?" Mark teases.

"Always wanna hold you," Scott says. "Wait a minute, is that my shirt?"

Mark giggles. "Maybe?"

"God, I love when you wear my clothes, Marky," Scott kisses Mark's shoulder again. "You wear them better than I do."

"I don't know about that," Mark laughs nervously. "I like that they smell like you, that's really why I wear them."

Scott rests his chin on Mark's shoulder. "Wear them whenever you want, baby. You know that. I won't ever get mad at you for it."

Scott tightens his arms around Mark's waist and Mark sighs happily.

-

Scott is surprised to hear a knock at the door. He opens it, tilts his head when he sees Mark, who had left not even 3 minutes ago. "Not ready to leave yet?" He teases.

"It would seem my car isn't ready for me to leave, no. I have a flat tire."

"Oh no! Come in, you can stay here for the night and I'll call someone for you in the morning?"