disaster pt 2 (scomark)

It's Christmas Eve and Mark's memories haven't come back or improved at all.

Mark wants his memories to come back. He wishes that he could just hit his head against a wall and they'd come flooding back.

Scott sits down at the kitchen counter as he reminisces their first Christmas together.

Mark smiles as he sees Scott come downstairs. "Merry Christmas, baby." He gives Scott a kiss.

"Merry Christmas, angel." Scott says. "Wanna make breakfast?"

Mark nods, heading over to the stove. "I've already started on some french toast."

Scott watches as Mark stirs the ingredients, and carefully wraps his arms around Mark's waist, placing a kiss to the back of his head.

"You're sweet."

"I'm just happy that we get to spend this holiday together. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Scott?" Mark asks, and Scott snaps out of his trance.

"Yeah?" Scott asks, "Is anything wrong?"

"No," Mark says, "I just wanted to give you these. I made them yesterday while you were out."

Scott opens the tin Mark gives him. It's full of his favorite cookies. Peanut butter with a chocolate kiss in the middle.

"Thank you, Mark." Scott says. "I really appreciate it. These are my favorite."

Mark smiles. "They're mine too."

"I know." Scott smiles, and Mark laughs.

"Thank you for everything, Scott. I really don't know what I would do if it weren't for you." Mark says. "Thanks for letting me stay here during the holiday. I'm headed to bed. Goodnight."

"Night," Scott chokes out, and is able to compose himself until Mark leaves.

Once the door closes, Scott sobs into his pillow. He's not proud of it, but it's happened every night since the accident. Don't get him wrong, he's happy that Mark is alive and physically well, but it almost feels like he's been ripped from his grasp, because the Mark he knows is not there anymore, and it almost feels like he's died.

He cries himself to sleep.

.

Scott wakes up to the smell of something from the kitchen.

French Toast?

He walks to the kitchen, and sure enough, there he is, making french toast.

Mark hears Scott's footsteps and turns around. "Morning, Scotty!" He smiles.

"Someone's chipper," Scott mumbles, before getting himself a cup of coffee.

"Of course I am, it's Christmas." Mark says, sliding Scott a plate.

"Thanks," Scott mumbles, before beginning to eat.

Mark frowns. "What's wrong?"

"That should be pretty obvious." Scott snaps. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off that way."

"I just, I still don't understand." Mark says.

"I'm not exactly festive when my boyfriend of 3 years lost his memories from the past 4 years." Scott says.

"What do you mean, Scotty?" Mark frowns. "Lost my memories from the past 4 years?"

Scott pauses. "Are you trying to say that you remember everything?"

"Of course I do. Why? What happened?"

"You got into a car accident, and you didn't remember anything from the past 4 years." Scott says. "Do you remember anything from the past week?"

"Only a little," Mark says, "Only that I was here a lot."

"Baby," Scott starts, "I'm so fucking happy," He nearly crushes Mark in a hug. "I love you so much."

Mark laughs. "I love you too. I'm sorry I couldn't remember."

"It's not your fault," Scott says, "I'm just happy you're back."

"I have your present," Mark says, going into a cabinet.

"Wait, I wanna do mine first." Scott says, and goes and gets the photo album, slipping the ring box into his pocket.

Mark opens the photo album and starts looking through the pictures. Tears form in his eyes as he looks through. "Scott," he chokes out, a few tears falling.

He flips to the last page. "It's empty."

"Maybe we could add our best wedding photos,"

Mark puts the book down and his hands fly to his mouth when he sees that Scott is on one knee, with a ring box in his hands. "Oh my god,"

"What do you say?" Scott asks.

"I think we should do that," Mark nods, tears falling down his cheeks. "Yes, I'll marry you, Scotty."

Scott's nervous expression immediately changes to a grin. He stands up and puts the ring on Mark's finger, kissing him moments later.

"This is the best Christmas ever. First you get your memories back, then you become my fiancé?" Scott laughs, kissing Mark's forehead this time. He wipes Mark's tears from under his eyes.

"Baby," Mark says, unsure of what else to say. "I love you. Thank you for all of this. Merry Christmas."