meds (scomark)

"Mr. Hoying?"

Mark stands up, and walks over to the nurse. "That's me."

"Hi, your husband is ready to have a visitor. Now, you have to remember that he is fresh out of surgery, and he may be a little loopy and possibly even experience some temporary memory loss. Any of that should be gone in the next hour or so."

"How did the surgery go?" Mark asks.

"Oh, my apologies. It went well." The nurse smiles.

"Good! Scott's in room 427, right?"

"Yes, sir."

"Thank you!" Mark says, before stepping into the elevator.

He makes his way to Scott's room and frowns when he sees Scott in the bed. He knows that the surgery went well, he just doesn't like seeing Scott in a hospital bed.

"Hey, handsome," Mark says.

Scott looks over at Mark. "Who are you?"

Mark chuckles and Scott smiles. "You're beautiful," Scott says.

"I'm your husband," Mark smiles.

"You're my husband?" Scott asks, and Mark has to stop himself from laughing, "You're way out of my league!"

Mark can't help himself. He laughs, and Scott is still shocked. "Wow! I'm so damn lucky." Scott says.

"I'm the lucky one, baby," Mark says, grabbing Scott's hand.

"I can't get over how beautiful you are." Scott says.

Mark puts his hand over his mouth as he giggles. This whole thing is adorable and he loves that this is Scott's reaction.

"I love you, Scotty," Mark says. "Why don't you take a nap?"

Scott smiles at Mark before nodding and turning over.

•••

"And then you said I was out of your league," Mark giggles.

Scott laughs. "Did I really? And this was after my surgery a few months ago?"

Mark nods.

"I mean, that's how I felt when I first met you," Scott says, pulling their blankets tighter around them, "I thought you were the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen and that you were way out of my league. I still think that."

Mark cuddles closer to Scott. "I should be feeling that way about you, baby. You treat me like you don't want me to fly away."

"I don't." Scott kisses Mark's forehead. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Well, don't worry about that. I'm not going anywhere. I love you." Mark says.