30 days of fluff: laughter

Scott loves Mark's laugh, that's all there is to it.

He's willing to do anything to get it out of him, jokes, kindness, flirting, the works.

As stupid as it is, there's a compilation of Mark's laughter caught on video that a fan made and posted to youtube. When Scott misses Mark, he watches it.

He noticed it on their second date, when he told some dumb joke, and he heard Mark really laugh for the first time.

-

"Your laugh is adorable," Scott says. "I just want to hear it over and over,"

"Oh, gosh. I've always been a bit self-conscious about it," Mark blushes.

"Really?" Scott asks. "I think it suits you well. An adorable laugh for an adorable boy."

-

Some of their fondest memories together were made better by Mark's laugh.

"Babe, come dance with me!" Scott says.

"In your living room? Honey, I'm not, oh!" Mark says, as he's dipped. "Scotty!" He chuckles.

Scott smiles down at him fondly, standing him back up before speaking. "You're so cute. I love you."

"You do?" Mark asks. "You...love me?"

Scott blushes, realizing what he's said. "Yeah. I love you."

"I love you too," Mark says. "I love you, it feels so good to say that," he says, pressing a giggly kiss to Scott's lips.

-

"To our first night in our home," Mark says, raising a glass of champagne. "We may not have a bed, or a couch, or even a dining room table yet, but we're here."

Scott raises his glass, they clink their glasses together, and each have a sip.

"I'm really happy," Scott admits. "I'm glad we're taking this step together."

"Me too," Mark says. "I'm so glad I found you."

"I'm glad I found you too. I love you."

Mark giggles. "I love you too."

"Why are you laughing?" Scott asks. "Not that I mind, I love your laugh, you know that."

"I'm just happy." Mark says. "I'm happy, I'm loved, I'm in love," he says. "I've never been better." He smiles.

"God, you're perfection."

-

"Hi, sweet baby," Mark calls the puppy, the one that's scared in the corner of the cage. "Hi, buddy. Can you come here?"

The puppy slowly, timidly walks over to Mark, and Mark pets him. "You're a sweetheart who's just a little scared, aren't you?"

Scott just watches Mark work his magic. He's always been good with animals.

The puppy starts to lick Mark's hand, and Mark giggles. "Yeah, you're sweet," he says through his laughter. The puppy looks up at Mark, tilts his head, and settles in Mark's lap.

Mark looks over at Scott. "Scotty?" He asks. "Can we take him home?"

-

He knows it's dumb to think like this. Look back on all the fond memories they've had together as if there won't be any more, he's only had a simple procedure.

But seeing Mark in the hospital bed is enough to do it.

Scott smiles when he feels a squeeze on his hand. "Babe, can you hear me?" He asks.

Mark hums, slowly opening his eyes. "Hi, baby." He says.

"Hi, angel." Scott coos. "How's your hand?" He asks.

Mark looks at his other hand, the one that's not holding Scott's hand. "Okay, I think." He says. "Doesn't hurt."

"That's good," Scott leans up, kisses Mark's forehead. "I don't want you in any pain, babe, okay?"

Mark giggles. There's the moment Scott's been waiting for. "All they did was take out a harmless cyst, Scotty. It just felt like a good nap."

Scott smiles at Mark's giggles. "I know. It's just, seeing you all cooped up in this hospital bed scared me. That's not something I wanna see again."

Mark nods. "I love you. Thanks for being here."

"I love you too, honey," Scott says. "I wouldn't miss being here by your side for anything." He kisses Mark's knuckles.

Mark blushes, his smile growing. "You're sweet." He says, "What did I do to deserve you?"

"I ask myself the same thing every day," Scott says. Mark giggles again, and Scott kisses him.