reunited (scomiche)

I smiled as I walked through the airport, getting more and more excited as I got closer to the gate.

Scott had been away, on tour, for eight months. I had visited him here and there, but now Scott's tour was over, and he was coming home, and not going back on tour for at least a year or two.

Sure, having boyfriend who was a back up dancer for me of the best pop stars around, Kirstin Maldonado, was cool, but not when he went on tour. I missed him way too much.

I bit my lip as I sat down in one of the chairs at Scott's gate, pulling out my phone and texting him.

mitchy: i'm at your gate

scotty: yay! i can't wait to see you, angel. i missed you SO much!!

mitchy: stop it! are you guys scheduled to land on time?

mitchy: follow up question. how are you texting me from a plane

scotty: yeah, we should land in about 20 minutes, & i paid for in flight wifi

mitchy: i can't wait to see you babyyy

scotty: me either, i love you

I giggled and put my phone away.

Twenty minutes later and the plane had landed, and the passengers had started to get off the plane.

And then I saw him.

And he was here, and he was beautiful.

But when he turned to me and smiled at me, my heart melted.

"Mitch," he ran the small distance in between us before wrapping his arms around me, lifting me up, and planting kisses to my chest.

I tilted his face up to face mine, and kissed him deeply.

And then he put me down, and took my hand.

"God, I missed you," he said, "that was way too fucking long without you."

I placed a kiss on his shoulder. "I love you. I'm happy you're home."

He smiled, that perfect smile that I missed so much, I just had to kiss him again.

"How was tour?"

Once we'd gone through baggage claim and gotten home, he'd decided that he was taking me out to dinner.

So there we were, several hours later, eating dinner at one of the fancier restaurants in Arlington.

The waiter placed a piece of chocolate cake on the table before Scott could pay, and I was concerned as to what the topping was. It was--shiny?

It was--oh.

It was a ring.

"Scott?"

He smiled at me, takes the ring off the cake, wipes off the icing, and gets down on one knee.

"Mitch," he begins, and I stand up, in disbelief.

"We've been together for 4 years, and I've never been more in love than I am now." He pauses, and takes my hand in his, brushing his thumb across my hand. "And when I started touring with Kirstin, I realized that I don't want to have a life without you in it. Only seeing you for a select few days over an eight month period of time, it made me realize that I'm always going to want you in my life." He smiled. "So, Mitchell Grassi, will you do me the pleasure of marrying me?"

I kneeled and kissed him. "Of course I'll marry you, you idiot." I laughed, tears streaming down my face.

The waiters and customers clapped for us, and we stood up and he held me so tight, that I knew he meant every word he said. He kissed my forehead, and I kissed his shoulder.

"I love you," I said, taking his hand in mine.