dancing (scomark)

"What's on your mind, sweetheart?" Scott asks, noticing something's wrong.

"What?" Mark asks.

"Something's up. Are you okay?" Scott asks.

Mark sighs. "I feel selfish saying no."

"It's not selfish, babe, tell me."

Mark sits up. "It's just, I miss going out. And I know we're better off staying home, because we're not getting sick, but I want to be able to go to the movies, or go out to a restaurant or something, you know?"

Scott nods in agreement. "Yeah, I totally understand, babe."

"I just...today was supposed to be Jason's wedding and I was really looking forward to dancing with you," Mark says. "I know it's stupid—"

"It's not stupid," Scott cuts Mark off. "Your opinions are never stupid, Mark," he reassures, with a squeeze to his hand.

"Thanks," Mark says.

Scott smiles dearly at him. "I wish we were dancing at Jason's wedding right now, too. I love dancing with you."

Mark smiles back at Scott. "I guess the universe had some different plans for us."

Scott nods sadly. "I guess it did."

Mark is coming inside from an evening run when he sees Scott with a big grin on his face.

"What's going on, baby?" Mark asks. "Did you miss me?" He teases.

"Always," Scott says. "Come here."

Mark is wary with his steps. "Okay," he says.

Scott grabs Mark's hand and leads him out to their back patio. "I know it's not the same," he says.

(patio:)

"You can dance with me out here any time you want," Scott says

"You can dance with me out here any time you want," Scott says. "It's no wedding, but it sure is beautiful out here."

He gets out his phone and plays a slow song over the speaker they keep outside. "What do you say?" He offers his hand.

Mark takes it, and Scott pulls him close.

They dance for a few slow songs, swaying gently to the beat. Scott starts softly humming to the tune of the music, and Mark leans his head on Scott's shoulder.

In between two songs, Mark lifts his head off of Scott's shoulder, smiles at him, and kisses him so sweetly that Scott thinks he might be dreaming, before leaning his head back onto Scott's shoulder.

Scott's cheeks are a healthy shade of pink, now, and Mark giggles quietly at the realization.

"What?" Scott asks.

Mark leans back a bit, so he can look into Scott's eyes. "You're just sweet, is all. It makes me happy."

They decide to stop after that song, opting to head inside and cuddle under some blankets instead.

"Thanks, Scotty. That really meant a lot to me," Mark says, climbing into bed.

"Anything for you," Scott says, "If you ever feel like dancing, just tell me, and I'll be happy to dance with you."

Mark smiles, and then Scott climbs into bed. They share a few sweet kisses before turning off the light and drifting off to sleep.