happy day (scomark)

Bubba runs into the living room, wondering what all of the rustling is about.

"Good Morning, Bubs!" Mark says.

Bubba tilts his head to the side. Where did all of these...things come from?

"Hey there, Bubba," Scott says, picking him up and giving him a kiss on his head.

Once Bubba is put back down, he walks towards the new things. What are they? Why do they look like that?

Scott says something to Bubba. He doesn't know what it means. They only recently started saying it. When they put up all of the pretty lights, and this big green sparkly thing that smells really good in the living room, is when he thinks it started.

He heard it a lot when there were a lot of people in the house a few days ago, too, and everyone was wearing the weird itchy shirts. Scott and Mark had gotten one for Bubba and he was NOT a fan.

"Bubba, look, Santa came!" Mark says, and Bubba tilts his head again. Who's Santa?

Scott rips the crinkly stuff off of something, and it's a new toy! Scott squeezes it, so it squeaks once, and Bubba runs for it.

Scott and Mark laugh as Bubba enjoys his new toy, and then they take the crinkly stuff off of a few more things. Bubba doesn't really notice what they are, he's having a ball with his new toy.

He hears Scott and Mark murmuring, and he looks at them when he sees Scott crying.

He runs to Scott, and jumps on his two hind legs as he makes sure that everything is okay.

Scott laughs through his tears. "I'm alright, Bubba," he says, giving him a quick pet.

Mark laughs. He's closer to the floor, and let's Bubba as well. "He thinks you're sad."

Scott smiles. "He's such a sweet boy."

"Everything is okay, Bubs, I promise," Mark says. He has something in his hand. Bubba can't tell what it is.

Mark stands up, gives something to Scott, and they hug. Bubba still doesn't know what's going on, but he can tell that they're happy.

Throughout the rest of the day Bubba notices that Scott keeps looking at his hand. What's so interesting about it? He doesn't notice anything different.

At one point Mark even kisses Scott's hand. Bubba doesn't know why it's so special, but that's okay.

At one point, they all sit close to one another, and they do the thing where they tell Bubba to "Look at the flash, sweet boy!"

Mark and Scott seem extra attached today. But that's okay, Bubba thinks.