30 days of fluff: our future

Scott arrives home, walking in with bags of groceries in his hands.

"Hi, babe! Need help?" Mark asks.

"I'd love some help, thanks, Marky," Scott says.

Mark and Scott unpack the groceries, and when they're done, they settle on the couch.

"How was your day?" Mark asks, a smile on his face.

"It was alright," Scott says. "Missed you. It was long." He continues. "Oh! Matt says he likes that picture of us you posted on instagram," he says. "I love it a lot too. It totally made my day to see it," he finishes.

Mark blushes. "I just like posting about you," he says. "You're my favorite person."

"And you're my favorite person." Scott smiles. "God, we are such a married couple," he laughs.

Mark chuckles. "I mean, soon enough, right?"

Scott looks at Mark for a moment. "You'd marry me?" He asks, a bit more serious.

Mark looks at Scott as if he has three heads. "Yeah, of course I would, baby. I'd love to marry you."

"You'd marry me?" Scott asks again, in disbelief. "Really?"

Mark giggles, grabbing Scott's hands. "Scotty, I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but, I'm kind of in love with you. I have been for a really long time. We don't have to rush into anything, but, if you asked me to marry you right now, I'd say yes."

Scott is stunned. "What would...what would our life look like?"

Mark thinks Scott is being adorable. He leans in and kisses Scott's cheek before he speaks. "Well," he starts, "We'd be husbands. I'd love to take your last name, if that's okay with you, and, not much would change other than us being bound for better or for worse." Mark smiles at his boyfriend, who's still processing all of this.

"If I'm okay with it?" Scott asks. "I'd love you to. I mean, if you didn't want to, that would be okay too, but, if you want to, that would really make me happy, sweetheart."

Mark kisses Scott's jaw. "It would make me so proud, honey. What do you see in our future?" He asks.

Scott shrugs. "I hadn't thought of details. I mean, I know I want to marry you, and I know I want you in my future, till the end of time, as cheesy as that sounds."

"It's cheesy, but I feel the same way." Mark says. "It's you, Scotty. You're my person."

"So, I've really thought much about my future, but I know that I want you there. I just want you by my side. That's our future. Doing whatever we decide to do, together."

"Sounds perfect to me," Mark says, leaning into Scott. "I love you."

"I love you too, Marky."