hoodie season (scomiche)

Mitch realizes in this moment that this is how he wants to spend the rest of his life.

He's leaning his head on Scott's shoulder, taking in the scent of his cologne as they sit on a bench at their local pumpkin patch.

He wants to spend the rest of his life with this boy.

This boy who he's fallen irrevocably in love with, and he loves the fact that he's able to shout it to the world, after holding it in for so long.

And then Scott plants a soft kiss on his forehead and his cheeks turn as red as the leaves around them.

"Stop that," Mitch says, "you're melting my cold ass heart."

Scott laughs and Mitch lifts his head off of Scott's shoulder.

"I love you," Scott says, out of the blue.

Mitch giggles. "I love you too, you sap."

"It's the best season of the year, Mitchy."

"I know." Mitch kisses Scott gently, smiling when he pulls away. "Because I steal all of your hoodies and you secretly love it."

Scott laughs at that, halfway lacing his fingers with Mitch's, and Mitch can't help but snap a picture.

@mitchgrassi: it's officially hoodie stealing season @scotthoying!!!

@scotthoying: yay🙄

Mitch continues to watch the families at the pumpkin patch, and fully laces his fingers with scott's before squeezing his hand in hopes that they'll be one of the families soon.

~

shitty ending but oh whale