friday (scomiche)

Mitch wraps his own arms around himself tighter, smiling when he smells his boyfriend's (boyfriend, as of last week) scent coming from his hoodie.

Avi pulls on Mitch's arm because he really just wants to go get some hot chocolate, and Mitch gives him $5 and tells him to get him one too because he doesn't want to miss a second of the football game.

And then the football players are running out, breaking the paper with the school's logo on it.

And he sees him. #46, Scott Hoying.

Scott's eyes land on Mitch's for just a moment, and his smile grows so big, and holy shit, Mitch thinks, it's the cutest damn thing ever.

Avi brings the hot chocolates, and makes fun of Mitch for looking at Scott with "heart eyes," to which Mitch elbows him and tells him to shut up.

And then halftime rolls around and Mitch is surprised that Scott doesn't leave the field. All of the other players have left, getting a drink of water.

Then they give Scott a microphone.

"Can I call Mitch Grassi down to the field, please?"

Mitch is confused. What the hell is he doing?

And when he steps on the field and starts making his way to Scott, the marching band starts to play, and then people start to sing.

Hey,
Hey, baby
I wanna know
If you'll be my girl

Scott is handed a bouquet of flowers, and he offers them to Mitch.

"Will you be my date to homecoming?"

Mitch smiles and nods, laughing because this boy has stolen his heart and it's ridiculous of him to even think that he had to ask, let alone give him this grand gesture.

"He said yes!"

Mitch laughs and accepts the flowers, and before he realizes it, Scott is kissing him in the middle of the football field.

A chorus of "aww" comes from the crowd, and when Mitch pulls away, he smiles, because damn, this boy better not go anywhere.