late (scomark)

Scott is making sure that everything is planned out perfectly.

Mark is finishing up a 36 hour shift at the hospital, which are up all of Christmas Eve, and all of Christmas Day. They'd opted for exchanging gifts before Mark left for his shift, as to avoid awkward timing.

Scott is here at home, though, setting everything up for him and his boyfriend to have a good Christmas.

He doesn't mind that Mark works. Mark worked so hard to get to where he ended up. Why would Scott be mad?

Scott's watch goes off. It's 5:25. That means Mark is about 20 minutes from home.

He decides to wait outside on one of their patio chairs for the last 20 minutes. He doesn't wait outside for Mark often, but he really missed him yesterday and today.

"Sweetheart?"

Scott jolts awake. "Baby?" He looks up at Mark.

"Sweetheart, what were you doing sleeping out here?" Mark asks, helping Scott up.

Scott chuckles. "I was waiting for you."

"Oh my god, how long were you out here?"

"Not even 20 minutes, I swear," Scott says. "But, you're home." He smiles. "Merry Christmas, baby."

Mark smiles back. "Merry Christmas, my love." He leans in and kisses Scott sweetly. "I am so sorry I had to work."

"It's okay," Scott says, and he means it. "We're together now."

They head inside, and there's soft Christmas music playing. Scott has set up a few lights that weren't up before to surprise Mark, and Scott lights the fire.

There's an array of pillows and blankets right by the tree, as well.

"Oh, Scotty, this is so nice," Mark says.

Scott smiles. "Only the best for you," he says. "Now, I know you're probably about to pass out. So what we do next is up to you."

"I want to change into some comfy clothes," Mark says, "And then, can we cuddle by the tree?"

"Of course," Scott says. He sits down near the pillows and blankets. "I'll be here, my love."

Mark comes back to the tree, in his Christmas pajamas, which makes Scott smile. He gets under some of the blankets, and looks at Scott.

"Hold me?"

Scott agrees. He's always willing to hold Mark, anyway. It's one of his favorite things.

" 'M gonna take a nap," Mark says, "And then we can hang out for the rest of the day," He says.

"Whatever you want, baby, you're home and that's all that matters." Scott kisses Mark's hair. "I love you. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas. I love you too, angel."