welcome home (scomark)

military scott! also i know u can't leave the military early like this but this is fiction sooo

"Hoying! Who's that?" Garrett asks.

"Who's what?" Scott asks.

"Your photo that you taped to the roof of your bunk. I see you staring at him."

"Oh, you remember me telling you about Mark? My boyfriend? Well, that's him

"Oh, you remember me telling you about Mark? My boyfriend? Well, that's him."

"The one you're leaving early to go see?" Garrett asks, "You must love him a lot."

Scott blushes. "I do. He...he means everything to me." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the picture that he keeps there.

He flips it over to look at the note that Mark had written on the back of it before he left

Scotty,
I love you and I'm so so proud of you. Be strong, I'll be waiting for you when you come home. :)
Love, Marky

"He's worth it." Scott says, accidentally out loud.

Scott knocks on the door to his and Mark's shared apartment, still in uniform. He can't believe he's actually home.

Nobody answers the door.

Scott checks the time. Mark might be out somewhere. He uses his key to get in.

He unpacks all of his stuff, not that it was that much, anyway, and sits down on the living room couch. Just as he's about to turn on the TV he hears someone unlocking the door.

After what feels like hours, but is only a few seconds, he sees Mark walk through the door, with his keys in one hand, and his phone, which he's holding up to his ear, in the other.

"Yeah, she said something about doing it on Saturday—" Mark stops in his tracks the second he sees Scott. "Mom, I'll call you back." He abruptly hangs up, then runs to hug Scott.

Scott hugs Mark so tight that he thinks he might break him. Mark is crying into his chest.

When the hug ends, Mark takes a small step back. "Scotty," he says, "You're home."

Scott wipes the tears from Mark's eyes with his thumbs. "Yeah, I am. I left early." He says. "I can't believe I'm standing here in front of you," he chuckles.

"I missed you so much," Mark says. "I'm sorry if this is really blunt, but I want you to kiss me. I just—I need to feel my lips on yours."

Scott doesn't ask any questions, he just does as Mark wishes. He leans in and kisses him, and it turns heated within seconds.

They make their way to their bedroom, articles of clothing being shed off along the way.

Mark cuddles into Scott, still breathing heavily. "Scotty, Never leave me again, please." He says softly.

Scott kisses Mark's sweaty forehead. "Baby, I wouldn't even dream of leaving you again. I came back early for you."

"Wait, you did?" Mark asks, sitting up.

"I, uh—yeah. I was starting to fall into a depression. Which I know I don't need to depend on one person for that much, but 8 months without you was really hard on me. So I filed a request, and they said I could leave without finishing my contract."

"You were falling into a depression?" Mark runs his hand up and down Scott's back, "Baby, I'm so sorry. At least you're home now, right?"

"Mhm, I'm home now, with the greatest boy I could ever ask for," Scott leans in and kisses Mark softly, "And I couldn't be happier."

Mark giggles. "I love you. I missed you so goddamn much," he says.

Scott lays down, silently saying that he wants to cuddle, and Mark cuddles into him.

"I love you too," Scott says, "I missed you so much, sweetheart."

Mark nods slowly and then, they both fall asleep.