high (scomiche)

mitch has a procedure and comes home high off his ass on painkillers.

~

"How did it go?"

"Everything went smoothly, Mr. Hoying. Mr. Grassi may be a little loopy from the painkillers, though. It should wear off in a few hours."

"Thank you!" Scott gives the receptionist a smile, before getting in his car and pulling around to the front of the dentist, where they bring Mitch to the passengers seat.

Scott thanks them again before he starts driving.

"How are you feeling, Mitchy?"

Mitch giggles, and Scott has to hold in his laughter. Mitch hums, and grabs Scott's hand over the console. "I love you, Scotty."

"I love you too, baby," Scott looks over at Mitch and sees that Mitch has a wide smile, his head laid back on the headrest and his eyes closed as he giggles again. "Feeling loopy?"

"I feel like a unicorn."

Scott has to hold in his laughter again. "Is that a good thing?"

"Yeah,"

"Good."

"Scotty?"

"Yeah, angel?" Scott responds.

"Where are we going?"

"We're almost home, baby. We're gonna go home and you're gonna take a nice long nap. How does that sound?"

Mitch giggles again.

"What's so funny?" Scott asks.

"You're cute." Mitch says. "I love you."

"I love you too." Scott smiles. His heart is bursting out of his chest and he knows it's just the painkillers, but he can't help it.

-

They arrive home and Mitch is giggling nonstop. Scott brings him to their shared bedroom and tries to get Mitch to take a nap.

"Baby, I brought you some water and some more pain meds. Do you need anything else?"

"C'mere."

Scott sits next to Mitch on their bed and smiles when Mitch grabs his hand. "Yeah, angel?"

"I like that."

"You like what?"

"That word you used." Mitch says, "I like it when you call me that."

"Angel?"

"Yeah, that's my favorite."

"Okay, Mitchy," he plants a kiss on Mitch's forehead, "feeling alright?"

"Tired."

"Maybe you should nap, then."

"Yeah," Mitch sighs, "Cuddle me?"

"Of course." Scott climbs into bed with Mitch and wraps his arms around him. "Better?"

"Much better." Mitch says, then gasps. "Scotty! We should get a puppy! Think of how-"

"Our apartment doesn't allow puppies, angel." Scott says.

"We need to move out then." Mitch pouts. Scott laughs and moves Mitch's hair out of his face.

"I wanna marry you," Mitch giggles. "Let's get married, Scotty."

Scott chuckles. "We're getting married in April, baby."

"We are? We're engaged?" Mitch grins.

"Did you forget?" Scott laughs again.

"Yeah."

Scott guides Mitch's left hand with his own so Mitch can see his ring. "See? There's your ring."

"Wow. It's beautiful."

"You deserve the best." Scott says. "Mitchy, you should really take a nap, baby." He presses a kiss on Mitch's shoulder and Mitch giggles.

"I will. Thank you, Scotty." Mitch says, before falling asleep.