the bachelor part 1

Scott smiles as he accepts his rose. He's made it to the top 2 and although it's cheesy, he's fallen head over heels for the bachelor, Mitch Grassi.

The next day the three men and the host head to Puerto Rico. When they get there, Scott and Michael are both given a card.

Meet me right here at 8:00. Bring your swim trunks. :)

So Scott does. And then Mitch is waiting for him when he gets there.

"Hey," Scott says, "Things are really winding up, aren't they?"

"They are," Mitch smiles, reaching his hand out to grab Scott's, "I have some decisions to make."

They start walking to the table that's set up for them. "I don't know what I would do if I was in your situation," Scott says, "It's gotta be hard on you."

Mitch sighs. "It is, but I shouldn't be spilling it to you." He says. "Let's eat."

Scott pulls out Mitch's chair for him and then sits down. They begin to eat and Scott sets his fork down when something comes to his mind.

"Everything okay?" Mitch asks.

"I just, I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to say this...so they can cut it out if they have to, but, I love you."

Mitch is stunned.

"I know it's only been a few weeks. But, I felt myself slipping during week 3. And love like this is so hard to come by, it's just...I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. I love you."

Mitch grins. "I'm not allowed to say what I'm really feeling," He says, "But thank you."

When the cameras turn off, Mitch runs up to Scott.

"I love you too," He whispers.

Scott giggles and kisses Mitch deeply. He hasn't been this happy in a long time.

•••

And then the day comes. And Scott's got the ring box in his pocket. He's ready to make Mitch his forever.

"Alright Scott, go on in," Chris smiles.

Scott goes into the room that was designated for their meeting today.

"Hey," he smiles.

"Hey," Mitch says.

"Mitch, I love you. And...I don't even want to think about what life would be without you. These past few weeks have taught me what love truly is and—"

Mitch is crying. "Don't go any further," he says. "Scott...I picked Michael."

Scott is crushed. "What?"

"I picked Michael."

"I—" Scott has to collect himself, try not to make a fool of himself. "Okay. Thank you."

He exits and there's a limo waiting for him. He gets into the limo and just cries. And cries, and cries. He fell so in love with Mitch and now his heart is broken. He doesn't know if he can ever come back from this.

•••

It's about six months later and Scott finds it strange when he gets a letter from ABC.

Mr. Hoying,

We are deeply sorry for your heartbreak and hurt that you experienced on the Bachelor this season. As an attempted forgiveness, we are offering you the position of our next Bachelor. If you deny this, we will ask the 2nd runner up.

Please call us with your acceptance or denial at ***-***-****.

Sincerely,
The Bachelor on ABC

Scott thinks. He's just gotten over Mitch and is ready to get back into the dating game. (It's hard to get over someone when you see them happy with your competition on social media...) But does he want to break the hearts of others just like his was?

•••

"Welcome back, Scott!" Chris says, "How are you doing?"

"Better than when you guys last saw me." Scott chuckles. "I'm ready to meet everyone!"

"Alright," Chris says, "Here's your first one."

The man walks out of the limo, a smile on his face.

He's beautiful, Scott thinks.

He's tan, has black hair, and is barely shorter than Scott.

"Hi," He says shyly, "I'm Mark."