thank you (scomark)

thank you for your smile
it's warmer than the fire
your gentle laughter
is sweeter than a choir
i'll never know the right words to choose
so all i can say
is thank you
thank you

Mark blushes as Scott continues to play the song. He can't believe that he and his Scott wrote this.

The song ends, and Scott turns his head to look at Mark. He leans in for a kiss, for just a moment. When they pull apart, he speaks.

"We just wrote a song."

Mark smiles. "We did, didn't we?"

Scott nods. "I've never had a song come that easily to me before," he says, standing up
off of the piano bench.

"So, what does that mean?" Mark asks, following Scott.

Scott smiles as he sits down on the bed. "It means that I feel every word in that song, baby. Every single word feels like it came straight from my heart."

"Me too, Scotty. I've never just poured my heart out onto paper like that before." Mark sits down next to Scott.

"Come cuddle," Scott says, laying down.

Mark giggles and joins Scott under the covers, and Scott wraps his arms around him.

"I love you." Mark says. "You mean everything to me, you know."

Scott kisses Mark's head. "I love you too. I meant every single word we put into that song, angel."

Mark nods. "Me too. I really do, Scotty. You've done more for me this year than...than I don't know what. I don't know where I'd be with all of the events that 2020 has brought without you."

Scott leans in to kiss Mark, then, and they share quite a few soft, sweet kisses, getting closer to each other, and further away from the rest of the world.

When they pull apart, Scott smiles. "I love you," he says.

Mark kisses Scott's forehead. "I love you too."

The blush on Scott's cheeks grows, and Mark kisses each cheek. "You're so cute when you blush, honey," he says.

Scott giggles, purely, and cuddles closer to Mark.

"You falling asleep?" Mark asks.

"Mhm," Scott hums.

"Alright. Goodnight, my love," Mark says.