announcement

"Hey honey, will you pass the mashed potatoes?" Scott asks.

"Sure," Mark passes the dish, and Scott thanks him.

"So Mark," Connie says, "Are you excited to go on tour with Scott?"

"I'm really excited," Mark says. "Evergreen is my favorite holiday album he's released," Mark hugs Scott's arm.

"I think it's mine too," Rick says.

"I think it was my favorite too," Scott says. "Getting to sing in Italian again for The Prayer was so fun."

"And it sounds so good, Scotty," Mark says. "Sorry. I really love that song." He blushes.

Rick chuckles, deciding to change the subject. "Connie, great Thanksgiving dinner as always."

"Looks like Landon is a fan," Lindsey says, looking at the young boy who's eating turkey absolutely covered in gravy. Everyone at the table laughs.

"All of you are welcome anytime. I hope you know that." Connie says. "I'm always happy to cook for my family."

Mark and Scott look at each other when Connie mentions family, and the others take notice.

"Everything okay, Scott?" Lauren asks.

"Um," Scott hesitates, grabbing Mark's hand under the table. Mark gives Scott a nod, and Scott smiles. "Mark and I actually have something to tell you guys. You wanna share the good news, babe?"

Mark blushes. "I'm gonna be a Hoying..." he says quietly.

"Huh?" Connie asks.

Scott chuckles and kisses Mark's temple. "He's joining the family, everyone. We're engaged!"

The room erupts in cheers and laughter, Connie stands up and walks around the table, hugging Mark close.

"Oh, I'm so happy for you two! Mark, welcome to the family." Connie steps back, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Connie, don't cry or I'll start," Mark says, getting choked up. "I already cried enough when Scott proposed."

"Marky!" Lauren squeals, hugging Mark. "You've always been a member of our family but soon it will be official! I'm so happy!"

"Beckham, Uncle Scott and Uncle Mark are getting married!" Lauren says. "Just like me and daddy are married!"

"They are?" Beckham asks. "Married?"

"Yeah, buddy, we'll be married soon," Scott says. "Uncle Mark is joining the family."

"Uncle Mark is family," Beckham says. "I don't get it."

Everyone laughs.

"Your family is so happy for us," Mark grins. "Baby, it's starting to feel real. We're getting married." He giggles.

"My family loves you, Marky," Scott says. "Wait till the engagement pictures are ready. My mom will be posting them all over facebook." Scott climbs into bed beside Mark. "C'mere."

Mark snuggles close, and Scott wraps his arms around Mark. "I love you so damn much," Scott says.

"I love you too, Scotty." Mark says. "I'm marrying the man of my dreams," he giggles.

"You're so adorable, baby," Scott pouts. "I'm so lucky."

"I've said it once and I'll say it again," Mark says. "I'm the most loved person in the world, all because I'm loved by you."

Scott kisses Mark passionately, then, and the kiss lasts until the boys need to catch their breath. "Let's get some shuteye, yeah?" Scott asks.

"Mhm," Mark hums. "I love you."

"I love you too, sweetheart."