paparazzi

"Scott! Scott! Tell us about your new album!"

"I—"

"Is it true you're dating Mitch Grassi?"

"What?! No, actually—"

"You two broke up?!"

"No, we were never..."

"He cheated on you, Scott?"

Scott groans in frustration and heads into his house. He hates that the paparazzi follow him everywhere. However, he immediately softens when he sees Mark making dinner.

"Hi, baby," Mark smiles. "I sent a text to warn you, I'm sorry." He pouts.

Scott exhales shakily. "I got it, thank you, Marky," he says. "I just wish this wasn't constant, you know?"

Mark nods. "I'm sorry, honey."

"They still haven't picked up on the two of us," Scott says.

"Really?" Mark asks.

"They think you're just my roommate," Scott chuckles.

Mark makes his way over to Scott, wrapping his arms around Scott's neck. "Some roommates we are, huh?" he laughs, leaning in to give Scott a kiss.

Mark tries to pull away, but Scott goes in for another one. "God, I'm obsessed with you," Scott says.

Mark kisses the corner of Scott's mouth. "And I'm obsessed with you," he says.

nine months later

"Okay, baby," Scott says. "This is your first time leaving the house since we announced our relationship, and the paparazzi will probably recognize you. I won't leave your side, though, okay?"

Mark exhales shakily. "O-okay. I'm scared. Can we try tomorrow instead?"

Scott squeezes Mark's hand. "Can we just get it over with, honey?"

Mark looks down, and nods. "Let's go."

They walk out of the house...no paparazzi.

"Maybe it'll be easier than we thought," Mark says.

Scott shrugs. "Maybe."

It isn't until they arrive at the park, that they're found.

"Mark. Mark!"

"Here they come," Scott says.

"Scott! Mark!"

"There he is! Mark, is it true you hate Mitch?"

"Scott! How long have you two been together?"

"Is it true that you're only together since he's a model, Scott?"

"Mark, how did you get into a relationship with pop star Scott Hoying?"

"Baby?" Mark asks. "Baby, I..."

Scott takes one look at Mark and knows he's overwhelmed. "Let's get you out of here."

He turns around, but there's just more paparazzi.

"Mark Manio! Is it true that you're only dating Scott for fame?"

"Scott! What happened to Mitch?"

"Scott, why did you settle for Mark?"

"Mark, how much do you pay Scott for this little stunt?"

"Mark, what's your gain in this relationship?"

Mark grabs onto Scott's hand. "I...I..."

"We're surrounded," Scott says. "This hasn't happened before."

And everything goes black for Mark.

~

"Baby? Baby," Scott asks. "Oh good, you're waking up."

All Mark can register is a massive headache. He's in his living room. "Scotty? What happened? We were at the park..."

"You got overwhelmed and you passed out, my love." Scott kisses Mark's hand. "I'm so sorry, angel."

"The paparazzi," Mark says, the memories coming back to him.

Scott nods with glossy eyes. "They've never been that rough on me before. I told them off afterwards, honey. I'm so sorry. I didn't know—"

"I don't like this, Scott. It's too much."

"What's too much? Us?"

"No, no," Mark says. "Of course not. I love you so much," He grabs Scott's hand. "I wouldn't give you up for anything."

Scott leans in and kisses Mark's temple. "I love you so much. I'll keep you safe, okay?"

Mark nods. He trusts Scott with everything he has in him. Scott would never let him get hurt.

one year later

"Scott! Mark!"

"This one's obviously gonna be intense, are you okay?" Scott asks.

Mark looks down at the engagement ring on his finger. "I'm safe with you, baby."

Scott smiles, kissing Mark quickly. "They're gonna notice your ring."

"Let them notice," Mark says. "I'm so proud of it."

"You're proud?" Scott asks.

Mark looks at Scott like he's crazy. "I've never been more proud, honey. I'm so glad I'm going to be your husband. I've never been happier."

Scott kisses Mark's ring. "We just have to make it in the restaurant."

Mark exhales. "Let's do it."

They both step out of the car, and Scott grabs Mark's hand.

"Mark! Mark!"

"Is that a ring?"

"When did he pop the question?"

"Congratulations, Scott and Mark!"

"How much was the ring, Scott?"

Scott stops at the doors of the restaurant. "I'll talk if you'll leave room for me and Mark," he says. "Yes, we're engaged. I asked him two days ago." Scott smiles. He lifts Mark's hand up to his lips and kisses his ring. "I love him very much and I'm so happy that he said yes."

"You got a good one, Scott!"

Mark blushes, but Scott just looks at him fondly.

"I know," Scott says. "He's the best there is."

"Baby," Mark blushes more.

"Doing alright?" Scott whispers.

Mark nods. "You're so good to me, baby. I love you."