take care of me (scomiche)

Scott is crying.

The voices in his head are always there. Taunting him, telling him what he's doing wrong.

Today he's let them get to him.

He just stares at his reflection pathetically, crying at the sight of himself.

The voices hiss at him in his mind, yelling at him for not being able to keep himself together.

He needs to sit down. He sits and leans against the bathtub. Sits and just cries for he doesn't know how long.

Until Mitch gets home.

"Sweet pea, what's happened?" Mitch asks gently, sitting down next to him and wrapping his arms around him. Scott leans into Mitch's touch.

"Make them go away, Mitchy, make them stop—" Scott says, interrupted by his own sob.

"Oh, angel, are your demons hurting you again?" Mitch asks, already knowing the answer, "I'll make it better for you."

Scott leans his head on Mitch's shoulder and Mitch gently cards his hand through his messy hair.

"They're completely wrong about you, sweet pea. Don't listen to a thing they're saying."

Scott's tears begin to slow down. With Mitch counteracting everything the demons are saying, he eventually wins, and Scott is able to relax in a somewhat normal headspace.

He sighs shakily. "Thank you, Mitchy. You always make them go away and you still love me afterwards."

"Hey," Mitch says, "Just because you have some demons to fight doesn't mean that I shouldn't love you. In fact, it means you deserve more love," He says, leaning in to kiss all over Scott's face. He kisses his forehead, his cheeks, his nose, his jawline, before he lands on his lips.

"I love you so much," Scott says, taking Mitch's hand in his. "I know I'm normally the one to take care of you, but I like it when you're the one that takes care of me."