birthday (scomark)

My eyes flutter open and I tense at the light coming through the window.

"Mmph," I groan, and I hear a chuckle from behind me, and I feel arms tighten around me.

"Morning," Scott mumbles, placing a kiss to the back of my neck.

I turn over in his arms, and place a kiss on his lips. "Morning, baby."

"Happy birthday, angel." He smiles.

"Thank you, sweetheart." I say.

I lay my head on his chest and he runs his hand through my hair. He knows that so love it when he does that, it soothes me.

"Marky?" He asks.

"Hm?"

"As much as I would love to stay in bed and cuddle all day, I have a full day planned for us, and we should get going."

"Baby, you didn't have to do anything," I pout, "You know that just having you here and close to me is enough."

"Nothing is enough for you, baby, you deserve the world," Scott kisses my forehead, and I'm blushing like crazy. "Come on. Let me make you some breakfast."

He starts making some blueberry pancakes, (my favorite), and I eventually get myself out of bed.

I wrap my arms around his waist to let him know I'm here. He turns his head and kisses my temple.

I smile, and the blush makes its way back to my cheeks.

After he's finished, we sit down and eat. But then Scott checks the time, and he's really quick to tell me to get into the car.

•••

"You said you always wanted to record that song you wrote, baby," Scott bites his lip, "So I got you a session at my recording studio."

"Scott," I say, fighting back my tears, "You really did this for me?"

Scott nods, kissing my knuckles. "Now lets get you in there."

"I want you in there with me."

"I can't, angel, it'll pick up any sound I make."

"Exactly. Let's make this a duet. Come on," I grab his hand.

•••

"You got me the Vetements jacket I've been eyeing," I bite my lip as I look at the jacket. "How did you know?"

"Mitch might have helped out with that one," Scott says, "He's good at finding people's tastes, and insisted that I get this for you, that it suits you better than any other jacket."

"That's cute. You asked him for help."

"Hey! Fashion isn't my thing. That's why I have a stylist."

"You look good in anything you wear, baby." I say, pulling him down by his collar.

"Even that gladiator suit I wore for the christmas special last year?" Scott teases.

"Especially that," I connect our lips.

•••

With all of the gifts Scott got me, he's really making it hard for me to top this on his next birthday.

"How did you like everything, baby?"

A picnic in the park, my own recording studio session, a vetements jacket, a helicopter ride, and dinner at our favorite restaurant.

"It was perfect, baby." I kiss him. "Although I do want one more thing," I bite my lip.

"Yeah? And what's that?"

I start playing with the hem of his t-shirt. "I think you know what it is," I smile.

"I think so too," Scott smiles, and picks me up off of our couch. He carries me to our room and tosses me on the bed.

I laugh until he starts to kiss me all over, and I lift his shirt over his head.

"Thanks for everything, baby."