the lucky ones (scomark)

"When will you be home?" Mark asks.

"Another 10 or so minutes," Scott says, "I'm getting in the car, baby. I'll see you in a few."

"Okay, Scotty, love you."

"I love you too."

Mark smiles as he hangs up, looking around the apartment. He's got balloons set up, flowers, and he even got a cake with congratulations, babe! written on it.

10 minutes pass and the front door is opening.

"Baby? Hi, Bubba! You're such a good boy,"

Mark chuckles at Scott's puppy talk, and waits in the living room.

"Baby?" Scott walks into the living room, and gasps. "Baby! Did you do this for me?"

Mark shrugs. "I'm proud of you, sweetheart."

Scott pouts. "You're so sweet to me," he walks up to Mark, giving him a hug. "I have the best boyfriend ever."

Mark chuckles. "I don't know about that," he says.

"No, I do. I really do. You're the best, baby." Scott gives Mark another squeeze. "I love you."

"I love you too," Mark steps back. "I'm so proud of you."

Scott leans in to kiss Mark quickly, and Mark giggles as Scott peppers his face with kisses. "Scotty, it tickles!"

Scott keeps on with the avalanche of kisses, and they both fall onto the couch.

"Scotty," Mark giggles, "Baby, that tickles."

"I love you," Scott says again. "Thank you for being you. This album wouldn't have been possible without you."

Mark smiles, reaches up to play with Scott's hair. "You're my favorite person."

"You're clearly mine," Scott says, "I've written three songs about you, if Thank You counts."

"It counts," Mark says, "We wrote that one together."

"How could I forget?" Scott teases.

Mark moves his hand to massage Scott's scalp, and Scott hums happily. "Keep going."

Mark smiles and continues massaging Scott's scalp as Scott cuddles close. "We still have to celebrate."

"You've already made me feel so special. I just want to be here with you."

"You're sweet," Mark says. "We're still having a dance party when it's officially out, by the way."

Scott giggles and leans to kiss Mark's shoulder. "You're the best."

"I don't mind this, though. Just enjoying my baby."

"All yours," Scott says. "Shoot. How long until the release?"

Mark checks his watch. "10 minutes."

"I should get a picture for instagram," Scott says.

"Okay, let me know where to take it from," Mark offers.

"No, we'll set a timer," Scott says, "I want you in it."

Mark blushes. "Why? It's your album."

"Because I'm celebrating it with my favorite human being, now come on."

Mark giggles and sets a timer for 15 seconds. He sits next to Scott, and places his lips on his cheek. Scott smiles, feeling like the most treasured person in the world. Bubba even jumps up when the photo is actually taken.

"Look, baby," Mark giggles. "A family photo."

Scott blushes. "Look at us," he smiles. "I love it."

"Me too," Mark says. "Five minutes till the release. Dance party?"

"Dance party," Scott agrees, smiling.